Lets get some pictures up

Mar 2, 2004
no advantage other than making it your own,gives it that little bit of ooh aah appeal ...eg;.. "whered you buy that one m8"?__ i did it myself____ ooh aah.
the plate and keyboard are held there by telekenesis,and the screen lookes cool like that.

hey adi try photobucket for your pics m8 .its free and your pictures are automatically resized, also yuoxio seems to be down at the mo.

anyway the filework is easy so give it a go .

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
eraaij said:
My previous Eklund wih paduk scales:

-Emile

Emile,

What wood is this? Padauk? I've not seen it that colour before. The Padauk I've worked with has always been a dark red (and gives off a smell of catwee when you work it!). Is it Padauk sapwood?

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
have a Lapplander 115 that came from a company called Tradewinds, not saying what I paid for it as I buy loads of gear from him for my scouts
but its well worth giving him a call, his name is Gavin and you can contact him on 01795-599600, his web address is

http://bushgear.co.uk/acatalog/index.html

You mat not find a picture of the Lapplander on it but I know he has more.

The blade is stainless comes very sharp, the back has square edges and works a treat with a fire steel, the edge is deffinatly flat ground, but if you want to polish it with lapping paste and then strop it you will have a knife that a surgeon would be happy with, so bloomin sharp infact I cut the side off of the tip off my finger with it and didnt even know.

My sharpening ability is getting better every time I do it.

I didnt go much on the sheath, good quality leather, but a bit boring, so I spent a couple of hours modifying it and it is now a dead ringer for a woodlore neck sheath

images.php

And the MOD Survival knife
images.php

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Its called a chain knott, I have been looking for a good tutorial ont the web, but with no luck.
This has been asked many times before, and I know that others have looked with no luck, the sad thing is that it is very easy to tie, but not so easy to explaine.
:biggthump

Mar 2, 2004
all the photos gone?
guess it was a bandwidth thing.
go to photo bucket on google and sign up.its free,they resize tour photos to suit and then all you do is post the link of the photo, its the top option.just click on it then when it turnes blue ,right click then copy.
then go to the post reply option and right click again.this time press paste..... voila!!
your welcome :wink:

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
the naughty boy said:
ooohh!
howd you tie the paracord like that m8?
Looks like "finger knitting" to me. Hold short end between your first finger and thumb, holding the longer length in your other hand wind it round your first finger twice so that you have two loops, then slip bottom loop over the top of your finger leaving just one loop. Then wind round again in front of the existing one leaving you with two loops, slip bottom loop over top of finger again and so on. Wind in same direction each time.
Brought to you courtesy of SWMBO. :-D :roll:

Stew

Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I've just knocked a few pictures up.

images.php

Is that any good?

Martin,

I like your finger knitting. Very similar to the daisy chain but a bit better looking, although slower to tie (for me). Good description of how to tie it as well!

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
Not quite right mate. You use your index finger as a knitting needle. Pull the back stitch over the front one and off your finger. Then loop anther stitch in front of the one you have left and then its back one over the top again. Then you keep repeating until you have the desired length. Remember to pull each stitch tight as it comes off.

Stew

Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Martin,

My pics are showing how to do a daisy chain, not the finger knitting you describe. I was replying to naughty boy with the pic, and you with the bottom bit. Sorry I didn't make it clear! :oops:

The 2 methods give slightly different results.
You gave such a good description of how to do the finger knittingt, I didn't think any one would need photos to help them tie it. I find it a bit hard to describe how to daisy chain, although once you know it's easy, hence the pics. :)

Mar 2, 2004
thank you both very much.great set of pics stew.paint a thousand words dont they.
still dont know how to put pics up yet..only links.
off to do some para cord tags for my knives.
ta lads.

Mar 2, 2004
http://img44.photobucket.com/albums/v135/thenaughtyboy/knife_012.jpg
this is my workhorse! i use it everyday at work for various tasks. if you look closly its obviously been reshaped somewhat and for a purpose. its a crkt copy of a kit carson knife and a very nice blade but it came with a serrated edge at the bottom of the blade.i have no time for serrated edges and the main blade cuts through seatbelts like butter anyway! anyway i thought i would grind them off with a view to creating a niche in the blade to cut things without the blade slipping out..if you know what i mean?.anyway ,,,its also great for cutting sticks and sharpening pencils as the timber "stays in the blade"
its easy to sharpen with v.fine wet and dry paper on a dowell.
the tip has also been ground to produce a sharper point.this is used for poking out bits of timber floor tongue and groove breakoffs.
wee bit of creative grinding on the back personalizes it too. its a constant companion and as im usually in working clothes i can justify carrying it ! as a tool. sweeeeeeet. :wink:

Mar 2, 2004
c,mon now girls and boys... this is the photos thread so please post some pics or links. i would like to see them. plus any other oddities concerning bushcraft.
pretty pleeeeeeeeeeeeese?

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
This pic was taken at the nec. The one on the left is Adi007's WS Woodlore. The middle is my Bison Bushcraft. The one on the end is where it gets sketchy ... I think it's Bow Drill Dave's (DG) handmade but please forgive me if I'm wrong ...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE