Land Rovers - Top Kit?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
My Friend had the opposite end of the stick, bought himself a nice 110 defender, drove it all summer was just getting to love when the Police knocked on his door and told him that he'd bought a ringer, and it had been stolen a few months before. Paid cash for it aswell..
Cheers
Rich

Mel

Nov 13, 2003
West Sussex
www.wilderness121.co.uk
As there seems to a picture of my (sorry Rob, our :wink: ) Land rover on the site I thought I ought to contribute to the discussion.

I do indeed love it and can not see myself ever driving a small car again.

Have any of you been off- roading at Eastor castle? It was suggested to us that we go and I'd love to know what it's like.

Also, can anyone tell from the picture what colour our landie is? There is a blank space on the plate where the info should be and we will need to match the paint to replace the back door at some point.

Mel

(please don't tell me it's green! :-D )

ally

Forager
Oct 15, 2003
lincoln
just visit you nearest dealer or ANY paint and bodyshop and they will able to reference the colour number for you

gurushaun

Forager
Sep 12, 2003
Modbury, Devon/Cannock Staffs
If its a deep green and its not Eastnor green then there is a good chance that its Deep Bronze Green. Your local paint man should be able to mix some up for you (he should also have colour sample chips to compare and make sure).

Cheers

Shaun

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Cover it with NATO green ... easy to do - all you need is a roller! No need to even wash the mud off!

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
Rob said:
Sorry

Dont think Mel would let me paint it NATO green :)

Didn't think so! It's durable but give a nice sandpaper finish!

Rover might be able to tell you the colour from the chassis number though.

bigjackbrass

Nomad
Sep 1, 2003
Leeds
"Eastnor Green," "Deep Bronze Green," "NATO Green"... Given the generally mucky state of LRs I see around here I would have thought that the names of the colours would be more appropriate than that. "Used To Be Green," for instance, or "Formerly White," or perhaps "Red, If You Scrub Hard Enough."

Mel

Nov 13, 2003
West Sussex
www.wilderness121.co.uk
Is anyone up for some green laning this spring/summer?

Rob and I would like to check out some of lanes in North Wales or the Peddars Way in Norfolk (I'm from Norfolk originally so I can speak the language :lol: ).

It is always best to have more than one vehicle though and more fun so would anyone out there fancy joining us?

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
Mel said:
Is anyone up for some green laning this spring/summer?

Rob and I would like to check out some of lanes in North Wales or the Peddars Way in Norfolk (I'm from Norfolk originally so I can speak the language :lol: ).

It is always best to have more than one vehicle though and more fun so would anyone out there fancy joining us?
:-D
If you come North Wales way, we'd meet up with you. We have a 109, Series III, Stage 1!

Adi

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
Talk about gutted!!! We went over to the Peak District today for a bit of a hike, nearly got through Sheffield and blow me the clutch went on the Landie. So we came home in the "Big Truck with the flashing lights". I'm hoping its just the master or slave cylinder thats gone.Never got our hike and was really looking forward to it. Not a Happy Bunny. :-( :-(

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
Yea they are worth it and gladly I keep a spare one! :biggthump Let us know when your thinking of going green laning and I'll see what I can do.

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
I got my Landrover back today. It was the clutch pivot arm that had gone! They fitted a full clutch kit, runs as sweet as a nut again! :super:
Cost me £370. :yikes: :rant: :bu: :banghead:
Just in time to play in the snow with. " I'm dreaming of a White Christmas"
Bet the Bookies aren't very happy :-D

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Bet the Bookies aren't very happy
Actualy the opposite is true... with all the last minuite bets and all....
The bet states thats snow has to be on the roof of the met office in london on christmas.... and since the met office installed central heating there has never been snow on the roof even when london is 2ft thick in it ;-)

Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE