Lanark Medieval Festival August 16-17 2008

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tyfy

Forager
Nov 4, 2006
Peebles, Scotland
August seems to be a busy time looking at the number of events listed here but I was wondering how many were planning on going to the Lanark Medieval Festival.

Has anyone been before and would recommend going/not going?

I have already seen one demonstrators name I recognise from these forums.

Richard

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Im from Lanark and I've never heard of it saying that i don't live there anymore although my parents do.Lanimers is the only festival I know that is held annually

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I'm going. I'll be selling stuff and demonstrating. Toddy is going and so is Morch and his new wife Liz. This year it is a timeline event (multi period) from roman right through saxon, viking and even English civil war groups making an appearance. Lots of encampments, lots of traders, lots of activities, traditional music and such like. Altogether a very good weekend.

Eric

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'm demonstrating/ selling and have a pitch besides me for a fire and cooking. I'll take along a couple of folding chairs for folks who are in need of a sit down :)

Here's hoping the weather is better than last year when we had torrential rain.
It's an interesting day out, and there will be folks selling fabrics, linen and wool, as well as leather and shiny sharp things :rolleyes: I spent a fortune last year. :dunno: ;)
The parking is good, the battles suitably noisy and violent, adn the food and drink is usually brilliant :D

cheers,
Toddy

tyfy

Forager
Nov 4, 2006
Peebles, Scotland
Just got my Party pass for the Sunday.:D

As a family we will be seeing a show at the Fringe and then heading to this event for the Afternoon.

I will try to say hello to those members that are going to be there.

Richard

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
I should be able to visit on one of the days it's not far up the road.

There's a good army surplus store in town too.

There'll still be a chance of watching Peregrine nearby if that takes your fancy.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Whereabouts is it to be? Would'nt mind havin a swatch ....never heard of it before, is it anything like the jousting tournaments that have been touring over the last couple of years?

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I should be able to visit on one of the days it's not far up the road.

There's a good army surplus store in town too.

There'll still be a chance of watching Peregrine nearby if that takes your fancy.

I must say his stuff is drit cheap I got a rip stop DPM jacket £10 a norgie fleece £8 and stainless steel mug £4 great buys well worth a visit if your in or around town

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It's at the racecourse, good parking, relatively handy, shuttle buses from the train station (check first, please) and lots of space.

Robbie's fighting with the Vikings too, so even more folks around, :D Trishbo and Varibo will be along as well. :cool:

cheers,
Toddy

drew1166

Jun 1, 2007
Wishaw, Scotland
There should be a mini bus leaving from the Lanark Bus Terminus.
If Memory serves me right,(probably not!!), It leavs every half an hour, and its quite cheap.

Yip, Rob, Trish and Varibo, are going.

See you all there.
Andy B:)

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Will likely swing by on sunday unless the Loch Goil fishing trip runs on for an extra day.

Wish I could make it on saturday too, been on the lookout for some quality baggy trews and dare say that'd be the place to find them.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Will I be able to buy brass D rings from anyone there ?

I mean one or two as opposed to packs of ten etc.

Thanks.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'd say it's a decent probability.
What you could do is pm Eric Methven since he will probably visit LePrevo before coming up and ask him about the rings. He may very well have it in stock anyway

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE