ladies and gent there comes a time

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
in every persons where there is a difficult decision to make

and well its here and now pick your allegiance

are u a True bacon butty lover who and Rightly so has to have HEINZ TOMATO KETCH UP with it

or are u

some one who sees them selves as a new radical and well likes, and i cant believe i am even going to type this but has

HP BROWN SAUCE with it and ruins a perfectly good bacon butty

drew

ps its just a bit of fun and mods can u move it to food section cos i have accidently put it in the wrong section thanks
drew

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Tomato ketchup is not fit for human consumption, unless it is home made. :yuck:

Personally, if you bacon is good enough (and who wants bad bacon?) then there is no need for sauce at all. Same for sausages.

Bumbler

Nomad
Feb 22, 2013
Norway
www.bushcraft.no
You folks have never heard of Idun ketchup. To bad because if ketchup has to be used, ther eis only one real ketchup and that is Idun. Everythinge else is just cheap copies.

As for using any kind of sauce, ketchup or not with bacon...are you mad?

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
IIRC when y'all say bacon butty, it means a bacon sandwich. If so, there's only one way to have it: Crisp fried bacon, fresh sliced tomatoes, and crisp lettuce on toast with a bit of mayonaise.

There are other sandwiches that have bacon but----they're another sandwich where bacon is added instead of being the main focus. Such as bacon and fried egg. Or a bacon cheeseburger.

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Good bacon doesn't always need anything, but maple syrup or a tangy gamekeepers chutney are always welcome. Or tartare sauce... ohhh!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
are u a True bacon butty lover who and Rightly so has to have HEINZ TOMATO KETCH UP with it

Is this your very own special tomato ketchup made to a secret family recipe which you never shared with anyone Drew :rolleyes:

As for which sauce on bacon butties you forgot the other option... nothing on them at all... just as they come.

And my taste is it has to be HP sauce every time.

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
Ahh but are we talking streaky bacon or back bacon here ? .

I used to be a streaky bacon man but since moving here only to find out you cant buy back bacon and only streaky . I now find myself yearning fer back bacon.

Oh and no sauce for me just loads of butter

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
HP all the way, on sausages too.

You have three guesses for what you can't buy over here in France unless they have a foreign aisle in the supermarket.

PS They don't sell bacon or sausages either, least not the type I grew up with. The meat in the chipolatas seems more chunky, like it's full of gristle and I don't know about you but when I chew on a piece of gristle that gag reflex kicks in.

Good fun survey Drew.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE