ladies and gent there comes a time

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 14, 2012
uk
:yikes: meat with out sauce i can understand sausages but what about my steak i love real home made peppercorn sauce with my steak!
Cheers Ed

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Red sauce for bacon, brown for sausages. Don't use HP anymore since production moved abroad.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
My dear colonial, a BLT is an entirely different thing :)

A bacon butty is a breakfast thing...best done in a barm cake....with HP sauce.....but then you can't get proper bacon there can you, you poor devils :)

Oh we can get both. We just don't tend to think of British bacon as, well as bacon. We think of it more as breakfast ham. That said, it is very good.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Bacon sandwich with a twist?

BaconWeaveGrilledCheese11.jpg

Pic found here.

Fancy bacon weaving ~ here.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Now 'that' is Bushcraft Bacon Baking :)

Heart attack on a plate :rolleyes:

M

Yeah, a quick tot up of bacon strips to average calories leads to a guestimate which starts at 1,300 kcal :yikes: And that's without a filling :yikes: :yikes: :lmao:

Very much a Vimes BLT :approve: :D .

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Oh we can get both. We just don't tend to think of British bacon as, well as bacon. We think of it more as breakfast ham. That said, it is very good.

I understand that and that's why all bacon needs to be smoked, as back bacon is just like thin gammon/cooked ham without it! and I like streaky bacon, providing it's dones well i.e not bone dry crispy ('merican stylee) but golden brown and still bendy.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I understand that and that's why all bacon needs to be smoked, as back bacon is just like thin gammon/cooked ham without it! and I like streaky bacon, providing it's dones well i.e not bone dry crispy ('merican stylee) but golden brown and still bendy.

TBH I like Gammon too, though it's not easy to get over here. And we don't all eat our streaky bacon crispy. Both my grandson and I (and many country folk) like it thick sliced and meaty rathet than thin and crispy.

That said BR's right about it in a BLT though; the norm there is indeed crisp to go well with the crisp lettuce ant toast.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE