kukri day

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
my dad was de-mobed from the army in 1947, bringing this kukri home with him and its been in the tools shed ever since. i thought it was just a decorative piece, but i took it to adam (JLTkinves) he told me it was heat treated properly and it was a good blade. he epoxed the handle back on, and put a decent edge on it. so i then decided to have a day out just using the kukri and nothing else other than a saw using the kuk for splitting the wood shaving the kindling and preping the food.

IMG_0041.jpg

the beast in the sheath

IMG_0042.jpg

un-sheathed

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

with a sak showing its size

IMG_0045.jpg

logs split, i found the knife easy to use, never having used one before and it feels light in my hand.

IMG_0046.jpg

after all that choping it was still sharp enough to shave the kindling. not bad for a 70 year old knife!

IMG_0048.jpg

i then used it to slice dinner, still sharp enough to do so.

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

i had a good day out using a knife i had never used before. it was nice to be able to use this, as it brought back memories of my dad who recently passed away. hope you enjoy

rob

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Nice lookin' Kuk!Does the sheath have a little tinder pouch?Its usually up near where the two small utility blades are..(Chakmak & Karda)
and whats the handle made from?It looks like brass in the pics.

Nice to have a special connection to it too..thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Its shiny courtesy of Adam's polishing machine. We think its brass. The 2 small tools with the sak are in the sheath at the back, and there is also, an empty sheath which i'm told housed a small kuk, that was given to my dads younger brother as a scout knife, but there is no pouch.

Rob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE