Knife making competition

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

richardww

Banned
Jan 17, 2012
Gwynedd
MARK
just wainted to say, thats a very knid offer to do the H/T, i havent been a member here long, but seen you do a lot for the froum, thumbs up to you,

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Just a thought - perhaps instead of people posting ad hoc when they've finished we should do a big reveal. Maybe if all people post to one member who isn't participating (a mod) who can collate images. Then set a date for the big reveal.

This will stop one upmanship and create a more level playing field?

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
yo...i'm happy to help with something like that if you want....good idea.....drum roll.........ta-da!

you and spandit have done more than enough on the embossing....marks doin ht.....lemme know, np

a

Last edited:

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
Go on then, I'll have a go. I made up one of those Karesuando kits last year, and it came out OKish (though I made the handle too big for the bit of leather they supplied to make the sheath :rolleyes:)

I've just bought a blade bolster & block of wood from http://www.english-handmade-knives.co.uk/ who were very helpful to a novice like me. Spent about 38 quid.

Be a nice little project to keep me out of the way while we visit the in-laws in a couple of weeks........:sleeping: :naughty:

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
1, Man of Tanith
2, Brancho
3, XAnder???
4, Bucephalas
5, HillBill
6, MountainM ???
7, Dave53.......HT needed
8, Bushwackerbob??
9, Angst????
10, Dark Horse Dave
11, Abominable_scouse_monster

Last edited:

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
just a thought??????

do i need to do the blade from scratch or can i use a blade that is half done, its all my own work and you can tell what it was due to the teeth marks in 1 side of the blade, would this be allowed????

also if its not allowed thats fine, but i may still enter but foe no prize....:)

thanks gents...

chris.

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
just a thought??????

do i need to do the blade from scratch or can i use a blade that is half done, its all my own work and you can tell what it was due to the teeth marks in 1 side of the blade, would this be allowed????

also if its not allowed thats fine, but i may still enter but foe no prize....:)

thanks gents...

chris.

Teeth marks in the blade? You aint supposed to chew 'em!

My entry will be the blade you made me - it got handled for my trip to Canada but it was a rush job so I deconstructed it to do a better job....

rules
all your own work
submit links to where you bought materials
any type of blade/knife is ok
don't have to make a sheath
no pre made kits
lanny man you made the blade so go for it

Also we have had a very generous offer from Driftwoodwalker of a Neck Knife made by him for the overall winner of the amatuer catagories

i am going to do the build along but not enter as i dont want the potential for me to win (very unliekly) to cause bad feeling

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Why would you winning cause bad feeling? Its a public vote after all. You'd be in it as a maker, not a mod. :)

Very kind of Lance. :)

rules
all your own work
submit links to where you bought materials
any type of blade/knife is ok
don't have to make a sheath
no pre made kits
lanny man you made the blade so go for it

Also we have had a very generous offer from Driftwoodwalker of a Neck Knife made by him for the overall winner of the amatuer catagories

i am going to do the build along but not enter as i dont want the potential for me to win (very unliekly) to cause bad feeling

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
1, Man of Tanith
2, Brancho
3, XAnder???
4, Bucephalas
5, HillBill
6, MountainM ???
7, Dave53.......HT needed
8, Bushwackerbob??
9, Angst????
10, Dark Horse Dave
11, Abominable_scouse_monster
12, Lannyman8​

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
lolol.....thats how he ''rockwell tests''....

just a thought??????

thanks gents...

chris.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
good point. guys i'm more than happy to do the organisation of photos thing....i dont know why thats a prob....its not gona help me in any way if i see the others efforts and to be honest i couldnt care less about winning it (ok i'll rephrase that....yes i could care less about winning a driftwood blade of course....but thats got nothing to do with it, fact).
Does the man who organises a group buy thread not buy anything? :)

Last edited:

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi hillbill can you send the details of where to send the knife blade please
and what happened to the list i started i liked being first lol
and i don't know what the blade steel is.the history is i went to the knife show in 2010 and there was a knife maker showing us all how to make the blade from stock steel i bought the finished blank of him for a tenner regards dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE