Knife / Axe / Saw / Multi tool

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Frogo

Forager
Jul 29, 2004
This has probably already been asked but here goes.
I'm currently using an Alan/Ray woodlore knife my backup knife is the frosts mora, Gransfor small forest axe, lap lander saw with a spare blade and a leatherman wave multi tool. I was thinking of replacing the mora with a Falkniven F1.
These I have had for a long time, is it worth me upgrading any of these tools?

Thanks

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Not really fella, all good tackle you've got there.

I've heard the Silky saws are pretty good but I'm still plodding on with my Laplander and Bob Dustrude on canoe trips

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Realistically, have you found any of those items to limit you?

The only one I would choose to change is the laplander because I prefer the smoother finish left by my Bakuma Hunter and Silky saw but htere's nothing wrong with the laplander and you have a spare blade so lots of life.

The Woodlore and F1 would be very similar in weight whereas keeping the mora as your backup (that you're unlikely to need anyway) means it's a nice lightweight knife.

LM Wave - nowt wrong with that and guaranteed for life.

the only reason you may want to change the SFA is if you find you need something larger, but for the UK it's probably more than enough.

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
Why are you questionning them..? Have you lost confidence in them...? Have you discovered any weaknesses or limitations with any or all of the items you'd like to share with us....?

Frogo

Forager
Jul 29, 2004
Falcon,

They have all been good to me in the past, I'm having a big kit sort out and all I really want to carry is essential items, do I really need the axe? is there a good quality combination tool other than the axe and saw? Under constant use will my woodlore last me a lifetime in all conditions with minimum maintenance.

As I have said in a previous thread I just want to put together kit that is going to stand up to the test of time.

Frogo

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Not worth upgrading any of them. The woody and axe will last a lifetime, as will the Mora and Leatherman. The only thing that will need replacing is the Laplander blade, and you have that covered.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE