Kit you needn't of bought........

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

taws6

Nomad
Jul 27, 2007
Anglia
Well, I'm sure I'm not the only one to of bought stuff that never gets used, or gets replaced with something more suitable.

My mistakes include:

Torches (3 AAA mags, 2 AA, two head torches, and the huge maglight!)
I now carry 2 led button types, and 1 led headtorch

Poncho's, I got one Olive ( too heavy!), one light weight (with no eye lets), and then got a lightweight one with eyelets. But I now carry lightweight waterproofs and a lightweight tent!
Although I'm now debating if I should swap to a hammock / poncho set up, so one may still come in usefull.

Rucksacks, I bought a couple without having my kit sorted and they are too heavy / not big enough.

A folding army shovel, (too heavy) , lightweight 'shovelit', and now I use a digging stick if times call for it.............

Waterbottles, I now use a camelback.

I've also got enough dpm clothes to kit out a small army lol.......

I guess everyone changes their kit to suit the need of the individual, and I've got more into hiking, so lightweigth is top of my list, but I also like kit to be dependable.

What things have you guy bought that you no longer use, and why?

Vibrant

Jan 10, 2009
Australia
Australian army disposal shirts - the ones I got were ok but there are better shirts available at a reasonable price... better ventilation, quicker drying.

You bought someones ex wife? truly things are done differently "down under"

Yes, we take an innovative approach to such things. Still, for $50 and a broken TV what did I expect?

VirusKiller

Nomad
Jul 16, 2007
Hogsty End
Definitely had the Ray Mears goggles on when I bought my Gransfors SFA. As pointed out by fellow bushcrafters, coniferous forest typical English woodland ain't. The jury is still out though; now I've gotten the hang of it, it is a good axe for chopping firewood.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE