kit queens

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
now for all you kit queens (which includes me) out there whats your favourite piece of kit this does not include clothes or hats i am on about kit or hardwear as it is some times known

my favourite pece of kit well i cant decide between my DD Hammocks camping hammock or my colman lanturn that i have just baught after having seen how ausome they are at the moot, or my kelly kettle cos they are just unbelieveble at the jobs they do

drew

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Ooh, me me me! I'm a kit tart.

Favorite toys:
- Webtex medipack side pouch
- Little filter coffee jug and cup I bought at the moot
- Swazi Tahr jacket

But the winner has to be... the Clark NX-250 Hammock that arrived yesterday - hoping to set it up today :)

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Its hard to decide, its all nice.

My sheepskin rug, has many uses and keeps you warm in the tent, also good to sit upon.

My SAK. another multi use item.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
My Ti mug :D , it's just, so, so, right, somehow.
Tough, weighs nothing, it's a pot, a mug, a strainer, it's comfort, it's 'mine' :D

cheers,
Toddy

Swandri Ranger Extreme is an absolute favourite after sniping it on ebay for a song!
My sewing machine...I'd be lost without it. I recycle old tents that I find dumped in the woods and make everything from compression bags, liners for rucksacks, to trouser belts with the webing straps. I say spend £50 on a very good second hand one and you'll never look back!

But tbh little things really float my boat these days. Eg. My leatherman tool is invaluable as it's so versatile and so is my genuine GAK.

I picked up some amazing soap the other day from a new agey place. It's an amber see through bar of sandalwood and lemongrass soap which I have cut up into smaller bars. It smells unbelievably nice and lathers very well so fantastic for shaving and it's not as "harsh" as most soaps, it's an all round soap, shampoo, boody bar and it only cost £1. :lmao:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
A couple for starters then ....

IDW Underblanket - winter camping is now so toasty :)
Kelly Kettle - does what it says on the tin

I forgot to add... I like my tents..

I have a UK marines issue 4 man arctic tunnel tent that I bought new and although it is designed to be pulked in or split up between folk to be carried, it's the warmest winter tent I've ever used. It has panels in the floor to lift up so you can cook on the ground inside the tent, it has serious vents and clothes drying lines inside and is very well designed indeed. Pure comfort being able to use a kelly kettle inside a tent ( with safety precautions...) when it's pouring down.

Then there's the Teepee, then the US marine core issue two man combat cammo tent, then there's the wild country Hoy, the Kyham umbrella tent, then a few bothy bags, one in cammo, then theres the 3m x 3m cammo bivi sheet, the tatonka tarp, and the issue shelter sheet, plus the dutch bivi, the uk cammo bivi bag, then the homemade cammo super bivi...:lmao: hhm i like big things too lol:lmao:

B

BCpete

GB wildlife hatchet :D

[EDIT]

and a bivvy bag brand new dpm for 20 quid on ebay!

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
Iwas given one of those wooden folding bucksaws from woodlore,superb bit of kit.
And the kelly kettle goes every outing i go.
Soloman.

m.durston

Jun 15, 2005
st albans
for me itr has to be my primus litech frying pan.
deep enough to boil rice in and weighing in at 268g its by far my favourite bit of kit for sheer versatility.

Oblio13

Settler
Sep 24, 2008
New Hampshire
oblio13.blogspot.com
It's tough to even narrow down. The things that almost always go along no matter the place or season:

Pyramid tent. Easy to set up, tall enough to stand in to stretch or dress, cozy in the winter with a woodstove.

GB forest ax. Others just don't seem to be as handy or to suit me as well.

Bark River knife. (No better than a Frost Mora, but it just looks so nice.)

Titanium 1-liter pot. No reason not to carry it, it's essentially weightless.

Magnifying glass. For starting fires, reading small print, identifying mushrooms.

Great Dane. At least one. Good company and warm at night, without any complaining.

LED headlamp.

.22 pistol, suppressed. Fun to plink with, doesn't disturb anyone, accounts for a lot of squirrels.

Good book. Makes being tent-bound in the rain a pleasure.

Snares. I bought a bunch of stainless steel small game snares decades ago. Almost never use them, but almost always have a few "just in case".

Peeled garlic cloves in a plastic bag. Make almost anything you find or catch a gourmet meal. Keeps vampires at bay.

Tweezers. I have a talent for getting splinters.

Whistle. Never used it, always have it.

Signal mirror. Another "just in case", but also shave with it every day,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE