Kit Insurance

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Frogo

Forager
Jul 29, 2004
Just out of curiosity does any one have there kit insured? With the expense of a lot of kit including tents, knives etc etc it seems like a wise thing to do

Frogo

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
I think most of the stuff is covered under my household contents insurance (Note German insurance - different conditions to UK). I'd have to lookup details.

Frogo

Forager
Jul 29, 2004
Is your kit covered whilst out in the field? I had a mountain bike stolen once, I never did get the insurance company to pay out.

nigeltm

Aug 8, 2008
south Wales
I'm looking into insurance through Mountain Rescue. Members need to keep their hill kit in the car ready for a callout and some bright spark has realised this and offers rucksack insurance. I'm getting more details next week but apparently for around £60/year your rucksack and contents are covered whether stolen from the car or if dropped off a crag into the mist :)

Thinking about it the insurance may be available to all comers and MRE&W members may just get a discount.

If it is I may post up the details.

Frogo

Forager
Jul 29, 2004
I'm looking into insurance through Mountain Rescue. Members need to keep their hill kit in the car ready for a callout and some bright spark has realised this and offers rucksack insurance. I'm getting more details next week but apparently for around £60/year your rucksack and contents are covered whether stolen from the car or if dropped off a crag into the mist :)

Thinking about it the insurance may be available to all comers and MRE&W members may just get a discount.

If it is I may post up the details.

If you could post some info when you get it, I think maybe a few would be interested on here.

Cheers

nigeltm

Aug 8, 2008
south Wales
Sorry guys. I've just spoken to the guys at JamesTrickett & Sons (the insurance agents) and the offer is limited to members of a Mountain Rescue team. They are talking to the insurers about making available to the wider public but this will not be sorted until Christmas at the earliest. If I hear any more I'll update the thread.

Standard disclaimer - no connection to the company, just seen the flyer, not yet a customer (satisfied or otherwise!)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE