Ok, Daddies and moms I need your advice! I shamefully have to admit that I am a little of a overprotective parent but fighting it I want to let go and not to control everything. So ......I bought my son a knife so that he can have more fun going with me to the woods. At them moment I suck in letting the kids join in in the fire making etc. Now I got enough of myself and thought that the day has come that I let go ........but
.he could cut his fingers off
. :yikes: :yikes:....I bought him a very sharp knife too and it would be my fault if something happened to him. How did you introduced your kids to their first knife, how can I let go, still protect and teach but not spoiling the fun for him? Shall I only let him cut himself so he can learn?
How did you daddies and moms got it done?
thanks
Abbe
How did you daddies and moms got it done?
thanks
Abbe
, a stainless military issue pen knife, crook knife and a Pukko and a i bought him from Stuart and Cindy at the WG last year, i've instructed him and showed him knife safety and clipped his head and taken it off him a few times but he now is very proficiant with it, he has cut himself once lesson learnt, nothing a plaster didn't sort out, i had my first sheath knife when i was about 10, still indoors some where it was a riggers blade with a spike, my dad taught me to sharpen it and to use it and i still have a couple of scars to remind me of a couple of silly mistakes i made, you can lead a horse to water