Karrimor Molle panel zips and clips to PLCE

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
found more info, it has a pocket on the back too. I can see this working on the front of bigger sacks sewn in place for endless options.

http://www.pri.uk.com/predator-molle-panel-plce.html

10 images underneath main

d4922139-904d-4708-b3b4-a28900e0c335_350x291.jpg

PMP_COY_BACK_clipped_rev_1.png

Predator-M-Panel-on-Sabre-45-(2).jpg

Last edited:

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Now why has it taken so long for that to be made, that would be great on the front of a vulcan.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
you could sew the whole panel on the front of the Bergen, next to the zips, so then you have the pouch behind to use, the molle straps for the minibar or zip on a PLCE side pouch.

I have messed with bergan before trying to get a side pouch on the front that was stable, seem like sticthing it is the best option other wise the things flap around.

Maybe its possible to use the female clips to span across the front and mate with the front top and bottom male clips for the side pouch, not sure if it would be stable enough though.

Ill create a pic to explain.

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
It is possible to zip 3 side pouches together and joint them to the 45litre rucksacks by the remaining 2 zips and all the original clips. On the issue bergan, the gap across the back is a bit bigger, and if you did this, it would reduce the internal space a bit.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
what I am thinking is to put eyelets in the zip covers(white dots) on each side and then do the same to the back of the molle panel and then lace it on with paracord. that way you can still use the zips for a side pouch, the side release buckles and the molle is there underneath if you don't want the side pouch zipped. For me this pouch on the back would be for light kit, stuff to hand without opening up the main pouch and maybe a stuff bag for poncho with drain holes for when its wet.

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
Which is why you need the zips on the front

Good point :p

what I am thinking is to put eyelets in the zip covers(white dots) on each side and then do the same to the back of the molle panel and then lace it on with paracord

A bit straighter than your dots I hope :) The only problem I see with that, would be if its not tight and flush with the bergan it would leave it a bit saggy. It would save the problem of hand stitching zips on there own.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
yes I agree, I found out early on that if something is not meant to go somewhere its difficult to make it work well if at all. The last thing I want from this panel is hassle and faff.

I got a Vulcan coming so I will order one of these on Friday and see what it looks like from there.

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
This thread got me thinking about putting zips on my army bergen again. Found some on ebay typing in PLCE zips and bought them. Save me faffing with an extra panel.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2

Oct 30, 2012
Eseex
you could sew the whole panel on the front of the Bergen, next to the zips, so then you have the pouch behind to use, the molle straps for the minibar or zip on a PLCE side pouch.

I have messed with bergan before trying to get a side pouch on the front that was stable, seem like sticthing it is the best option other wise the things flap around.

Ill create a pic to explain.

Did you ever do this? I'm looking for a new bergan, but am torn between a vulcan 1 which I could mod, or a vulcan II/crusader which would allow me to buy a compatible centurio as a daysack.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
No haven't done this yet, is on my list to try soon. Didn't realise until I got the Vulcan that they don't have the small side release buckles like the PLCE and karrimor bags.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I realise now that i'd previously commented in this thread, so a bit of brain fade on my behalf L/P. Could the panel be glued on ?

Rob

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Mine arrived today.

**Click the picture for a bigger version **

Here it is attached to my Vulcan:

Karrimor SF Predator MOLLE Panel Attachment (4).jpg

Close up:

Front mount zip.jpg

Rear compartment:

Rear compartment.jpg

Attached to sidepocket:

Side Mount.jpg

Last edited:

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
I do *love* how they put predator in the title as if it was designed for the predator, the Predator already have MOLLE on the front and sides, only thing it adds (for the predator) is the bellow pocket.

re: lostplanet's illustration, the way around that is loosen off entirely the front 4 PLCE clips on the sides and clip the pouch on that way, fits like a dream as thats how i add my predator omnipouch with the standard PLCE pockets on the sides, you can also fit 2 more male 25mm PLCE clips onto the existing straps.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE