Just to prove you can't be objective about these things...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rhapsody

Forager
Jan 2, 2005
Aldershot, nr. Guildford, UK
Look at a typical example of the front page...

wellinever.jpg

At first glance, it seems we're all hard drinking weapon-obsessed arsonists!

This thread was intended as light-hearted, but got me thinking about the perception of bushcraft to the 'average Joe', as it were: I think we can all recall examples of puzzled looks directed at us when we've been talkign about our new axe or knife or whatever, and, looking at the topics of conversation here in an entirely objective manner for once, I think I can finally see why! I guess it just goes to show that you can't really judge anything until you've really got an idea of what it's about, I suppose.

This thread got wayyyy to philosophical. Oh well!

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
hehe.. does look funny doesnt it :)

on the serious/philosophical note though.. any one who sticks to a perception formulated on this snapshot..
wellinever.png

is rather foolish imho ;)

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
Obviously it's a farmers website, what with ploughs, steel handles, the latest information on burning off fields and he's old fasioned because he has an ox pulling the plough and the ox wears a bow. All farmers have Saks to put stuff in and they have to have a knife to cut open the saks. There's a problem with crows and he's inquiring about getting an exterminator in to take care of the problem and everyone knows that a gentleman farmer enjoys a nip now and then :D

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
:lmao: ....and there was me happy to think that I had at last found a place where other hard drinking, weapon-obsessed pyromaniacs and I could converse on mutually interesting topics! :lmao:

I'll just have to go back to sitting by the fire with a rum-and-coke while I sharpen my knives. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE