Just bought vital piece of survival kit....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
i'll settle for a nice port curently a rocha's special tawny reserve
only one small problem cant get it here so my bottle has to last
it's mine all mine :evil:

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Although fond of a decent scotch, I have been known to try other spirits on occasion :wink: :wink: ) I must recomend a dark rum by the unfortunate name of "Mount Gay" Quite the nicest rum I've ever tasted, good with coke or neat.
I've only seen it in tesco, but then I don't shop many other places, saddo that I am!

Dave

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Sorry connoisseurs but Iam quite partial to a nip of Glenmorangie, or Auchan (SP?) QEii house whisky apparently. Tho I haven't had either for a while cos there in the caravans drinks Cabernet in the woods!
:uu: Rich

bagman

Tenderfoot
Aug 6, 2003
Oxon
I'm not keen on neat spirits and dont drink scotch at all so I've normally got a nice drop of port in my hip flask, preferably 1 10 year old tawny.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
I have the best memories of camping in northern spain with my wife when we were invited to join about 20 locals who were 'preparing' a large bowl of very alcoholic drink. It involved setting light to the liquid for about 30 minutes while everyone sat around the resulting fire and added ingredients like strong coffee and lemons. When it was ready it was some of the nicest drink i've had. We found out that it was the distilled juice from pressing stalks of local vines after the grape harvest.

Even with the language barrier it was one of the best nights of our holiday and we rearly laughed as much.

So the combination of a fire, company and good drink is hard to beat.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE