John Fenna Forges!

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
After the moot this summer John had a thread on here talking about his new found love of smacking hot metal. But he never posted any pictures and as C da C said in another post "Photo,or it didn't happen!" :bluThinki

Finally, we have proof that John does indeed like to hit hot metal! :D
(although that could be Fidel Castro?)

sept090010web.jpg

sadly he had already packed is blade away before my camera was able to catch proof that the he had managed to produce anything at the forge...

sept090023web.jpg

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
everyone did really well: good bunch of blokes and only one bunrt his tip a little!

At one stage one of the guys was looking for Phil (the chap with the knife in the head) asked "where's the bloke with the beard gone?" I just laughed. :D

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I made the frock as well (technically a Tutu)!
I was so busy dealing with the dose of Swine Flu that I was determined to pass on to everyone else and interviewing Dave that I never got to finish my knife - but I will!
Now I am back home (I went straight on to a Trade Show after the forging trip and have just got home having spread my Swine Flu over the Midlands now and to people from the four corners of the UK [cue Mad Laughter track] soon the world will be infected and only the hardy Bushcrafter will emerge to rule the World! [reprise Mad Laughter track]) I will be writing up my piece on DB for Sporting Shooter, finishing the knife I started on the course, sorting through all the wonderful gear I looked at at the Outdoor Trade Show to work out which bits to review in the mags I write for, starting work on a full tang knife I hope to forge using the techniques learned from DB, forging some pretty flint striking steels, spreading my Swine Flu through Wales and playing the Mad Laughter track extensively....[cue Mad Laughter track]
Nice photo Dave - thanks for not mentioning the fact I did more damage to the anvil than the billet of steel I was trying to shape.....
There is only one John Fenna - accept no forgeries!

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
I can vouch for the swine flu spreading. I started with a sniffle on monday and now have a dribbling nose, closed down chest and can't focus enough to make a cup of tea

I would swear at you, but it would get *** out so in smiley: :twak: :cussing:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Just how I started! I thought it just a light head cold...or I would have cancelled....honest
Wait for the vomitting/terminal trots.......

Sorry mate - my first victim on the road to world domination

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
can't focus enough to make a cup of tea, oooh but you can focus enough to get online! sounds like the dreaded MAN FLU to me. I bet your wife is brewing up for you as we speak.huh, isnt she?!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Nah - it is the real thing!
It is all rather nasty...especially if, like me, you are living in a basha then in the back of a van for a week of it.
I am not joking about the D&V!

harryhawk

Forager
Feb 6, 2009
Devon
If that's John Fenna, who is running Cuba?

You'll never see John and Castro in a room together either...

Or John and Bob Hoskins and Fidel Casto in a a room together!:lmao:

Or am I the only one thinking that John looks like Bob Hoskins in that group photo?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE