Jams, jellies and chutneys apart; what do you make at this time of year ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The usual sewing, knitting, etc., just carries on all year round, but the seasonal things, food apart....what do you make ?

I've spent a very pleasant couple of hours making lavender wands.
I've gathered the rose petals and I'm making rosewater too.
I'll make pot pourri with the leaves and fallen flowers from the lavender and some of the rose petals too.
I make little sewn things filled with flowers too...shoe stuffers, scented baubles to hang on clothes hangers, sachets for drawers, that kind of thing. They change through the seasons, and if I had an open fire I'd make faggots with apple twigs and mugwort, sweet gale, rosemary, etc., too.

I'm about to macerate some of the meadowsweet roots and soak them in sweet almond oil to make a rub for aching joints, and I'm gathering jasmine and the purple mallow flowers for teas.
I've tincturing equipment sorted out for the meadowsweet and myrtle and I've started to gather the long stalks of the oats and wheat and barley for corndollies, though the longest stems come from the wood millet.

What are you making ? :D

M

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Well I guess my stuff is pretty well documented. Waiting on the elderberries and bullaces to ripen for wines

Late extract of summer flow honey (sold and shipped all our bees today :()

Second harvest of carrots doing okay

Beans swelling nicely - will dry them on the vine. All soya beans destroyed by rabbits (note to self - eat more rabbit)

Sprouts want pinching out.

Apples ripening nicely and pears swelling. These will be stored for eating rather than cooked.

Cables for the new chicken coop have trenched in, will get the exterior power wired in to the distribution panel this week.

Harvesting toms at a furious rate - need to decide whether to can or dehydrate.

.....and so on :)

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Haven't decided yet...

14819881452_47dd927bf8_b.jpg

101 uses for a Tilley hat...

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Oh yes, I make wild thyme vodka. Take vodka, add wild thyme (in flower is even better). Stick in bottle. Forget about it until after Christmas. Apparently it is a favourite schnapps in Sweden.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE