Ivan's big Dartmoor meet - the aftermath - probably pic heavy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
just seen this thread as my daughter is ill at the moment kids eh anyway im still laughing thanks again to ivan and katie and to all who attended the meet a great sociable event one of many i hope i will be back in may to catch up with you all again regards dave

Mentions in despatches , Jaysurfer for planning since Feb to go lighter than usual , Salad for anyone who cant think of a name (good reasoning behind that one !) dave 53 for being wonderfully patient and informative with Katie ( i have now lost my tarp hammock karabiners and paracord ) Emma87 for being rock hard , never under estimate the power of a woman !! ( similair comment applies to Joy ) Adam for winning longest traveller , and being there when ever you needed a hand ( and for the dvd mate oh and beer ! ) The children for being brill and having a cool time ! ( must move tent further from fire after watershed ! think they may have some new jokes ! ) Foxy for making sure i ate (yummy stew ) and mothering me as and when required .

Think I was actually pipped on that one in the end LOL.

Is it good,I was thinking of getting but I didn't know if there is a better alternative in that kind of price range. :)

Yeah, it's a worthy tarp for the price. It's light and has plenty of mounting point (19) and is cheaper than the tatonka.

Because of the massive success , of my first Bushcraft meet , i am currently writing a novel , and i just know it will be a best seller ! No seriously i think whilst it is still fresh in our minds , and as soon as some of you come out of rehab . We really ought to start planning the next foray for later in the year, so we have plenty of time to organise it , and those who only log on occasionally wont miss out , maybe even make this one a little more formal ! thats it , maybe a sensible end for crafting / learning skills spooning of course , cordage , fire lighting , wild food foraging etc . and up my end . Big fires ,cooking, laughing, assault coursing and drinking etc , what do you think ?

After much micky taking of my club/digging stick/rounders bat/shovel/spoon, I have reduced it down to....sensible...proportions.
06042011574.jpg

And as for your end of things, they make it all worth while haha

Feb 6, 2011
none
Hello everyone, wow ! great response already , you gluttons for punishment ! While i am here , can anyone think of anything that can be done to improve the site/meet /facilities etc, for instance Freddyfish suggested an inventory so people know whats available , man just thinks on his feet ! I dont mind constructive comments good or bad , its the only way i am going to get it right ,Freddy kindly said anyone who did not want to air their views etc in the public domain , can PM him and if he feels it wont make me cry he might pass the messages on , many thanks you guys !!

Ivan ...

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
Hello everyone, wow ! great response already , you gluttons for punishment ! While i am here , can anyone think of anything that can be done to improve the site/meet /facilities etc, for instance Freddyfish suggested an inventory so people know whats available , man just thinks on his feet ! I dont mind constructive comments good or bad , its the only way i am going to get it right ,Freddy kindly said anyone who did not want to air their views etc in the public domain , can PM him and if he feels it wont make me cry he might pass the messages on , many thanks you guys !!

Ivan ...

tarmac the paths, on-site shop, oh and a nightclub would be good, complete with go-go dancers if you dont mind ;)

in all seriousness, i would say nothing, the beauty of your site is its natural state, the (as it is, minimal) need to adapt what you have and your environment (my loo pit digging and tarp rigging exercise for example..... some my think that sad, but i enjoyed doing it)

for me, if i was to turn up and have everything "laid on" so to speak, i would soon get bored... though of course, if there are those that want things laid on, then please recruit me to your working party to do such things :) i nearly cried when i realised i turned up too late to help with the ground oven :)

Ivan ...

Everything was perfect mate. I think the rapid response for "more, more, more" has proven that.
I do think you should charge people for carting their kit on the quad though, would make them pack lighter for that more bushcrafty experience LOL.

Feb 6, 2011
none
Hey wait a cotton picking minute !! I know i shoul win shortest traveller only 1.2 kms dont know what that is in old money , but i went up and down 186 times does that count ? and is there a prize ?

Badger90

Forager
Mar 17, 2011
Devon
'ere savage that spoon looks bloody good considering you did most of it with a knife...i remember watching you pick up that lump of beech and start whittling away wondering what you were doing...nice finished job :D

Feb 6, 2011
none
That does it , i am now not afraid to try my first spoon , and i am changing my image , i bumped into an old school chum today, and he thought i was wearing a grey swimming hat !!

'ere savage that spoon looks bloody good considering you did most of it with a knife...i remember watching you pick up that lump of beech and start whittling away wondering what you were doing...nice finished job :D

thanks Badg' I still need to sand the hollow but it won't take much. I was knocked into submission when everyone else got their spoons out, I thought.."why is mine so much bigger than theirs?"...LOL

Feb 6, 2011
none
Actually Mr Savage, my spoon will be a delicate affair , for basting the lamb, and it will be made from balsa wood for any upcoming assault course challenge as i intend to go extremely light and win!! and because i will be the numpty putting up the prize , ive seen it and i want it !!

Feb 6, 2011
none
Nova you genius, thankyou , now i have an avitoff!! or whatever its called , wasnt allowed to put the other one on was told i looked like a cross between worzel gummage and compos dad !! charming !

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE