Its a bit posh in here

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nigel

Forager
Dec 6, 2003
Carmarthenshire
Contribute much do you NIgel ? - many tutorials posted ?

or like me do you just take and use others ideas and guides ?

Have a little appreciation ***.....

Actually I contribute quite happily to anyone that wants any help with something I can help with at all of the camps I've been to, and would always share all /or any of my many years of experience and expertise that I have for free, can you say the same?!! I don't use any of the tutorials posted here, I am lucky in that I don't need to.

The reason for me being here is to meet like minded people, so I appreciate the forum for the great and generous folks that I have met so far here, who make this forum what it is.

Nigel

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Thanks for the comments thus far guys, there's still some tweaking to do so keep the suggestions coming and we'll see how it goes.

Guys, there's no need to get irritated with each other, people come on here and post which is great, it creates a community so there's no issue with people doing that. The fact that there's adverts is a needs must, the new site is big and it's taken a lot to put it together and it takes a lot to maintain it and develop it, that's just how it is. For it to move forward and for us to develop new functionality, integrate it into the site etc etc we need to change a bit, the community meeting house (this website) still needs to be built, maintained, improved and extended, that's much better than getting dilapidated and falling down;)

As for my comments at 4 am, there's actually very few people seeing this site right now, in a few hours we'll change over all the DNS stuff and then people will come here, you guys are just a few that can see it. It's not fully live yet, soon though :D

Thanks again for the feedback and support:You_Rock_

S

shaunmcdonald

Thanks for the update :)
I for one contibute very little to the posting within this site as i am always too busy reading other peoples posts that have much more knoledge or experiance in this :)

And a big thank you to all the people like Tony that really do care about keeping this comunity alive :You_Rock_

big_daddy_merc

Forager
Apr 9, 2007
chesterfield
i'm having a tesco's moment, you know where they changes things abit only slightly so you know it's been done but not aways able to tell all the things they've changed

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Certainly different, but remember everybodys comments after the last change? Come to think of it, I can't remember what it looked like before the last change!

It is definitely gonna take a bit of getting used to, but I'll manage, and so will others! I prefer the smilies down there below where I'm typing aswell, and more are visible!

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Still not sure yet, sure it will grow on me though as has been said I can't even remember what it was like before the last change now!
I don't have ads down the right hand side, I think it is due to pop up blocker though:)
Well done Tony and team keep up the good work, we will get used to the changes:D

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Now there's a thing. I don't have any adverts whatever down the RHS! I assume they should be where it says Sponsors?. Anyway I found all the comments very interesting. I think we have to live with this new site for a while before being too critical. I know that few of us like change for its own sake but things do move on and I really believe Tony is doing his best for us. I am sure he has no interest whatever in scaring any of us away.
I think the site looks clean, fresh and a lot of it does look similar to the old site so I don't feel too lost.:)

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Eventuially found my way here:D Its only been 'down for a few hours and I was feeling cut off already! - Its nice to have you back guys! :grouphug:

Tiz looking good Tony - You can see LOADS of work has gone into the change and It is appreciated:35:. I've only have a quick look round but am sure I'll be spending just as much time here with you all!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Smart stuff Tony!
A job well done! You may be getting a call from Tristan as he cannot log on........
Keep smiling, keep up the good work!
John

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
Very Nice Tony, good work.:35:

This is the first time i've been able to get on and so far the new layout seems to be no more troublesome to navigate than the old one.
The adverts are obviously neccessay to assist in the running of the site and at least they correspond to the subject matter of the forum, they are not offering to extend various parts of my anatomy:yikes: :nono:

So far the only point i would like to make it the brightness , i keep my backlight and brightness controls quite high for the calibration of my monitor to my printer for colour matching on photo prints.....i've only been here for 5 mins and my eyes hurt already:cool:
A more muted/earthy colour would be appreciated Mr Tony sir:notworthy

Other than that, well done it must of taken a lot of time to sort out:You_Rock_

Twoflower

Nomad
May 11, 2007
Northants
well, being reasonably new I was just getting used to the old site .. but this one is far easier to navigate around. I agree with some though, the white background is a bit bright.

Well done to the team the other side of the server, they've done a good job :)

I nearly forgot .. I've noticed it's a bit slower to load than the older site .. but that could be a number of things (probably my tired old PC).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE