Its a bit posh in here

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BOD

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Not too flash.

I miss the photos of Gary and the Loch which were centrally positioned.

I have grown accustomed to the old site. By definition aren't bushcrafters slow to change? After all we still use flint and steel (or at least like to make out that we do quite often:) )

It seems slower but I guess its because I am half a world away

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
I think it will grow on me. I don't know about you, but at the moment it seem's a little sterile with all the white around, a bit corporate with the adverts permanantly down the right hand side. By the way, all the smilies seem to be hidden behind them and i have no way of scrolling sideways, is it just me?

The old site just seemed warmer, comfortable, like an old Norgie!

I'm sure I'll get used to it, i'm not against change, it's evolving and that must be a good thing! I'll be interested to see what everyone else thinks.

Woodcutter

Feb 6, 2006
Kent
I liked the gallery photos going across the top, also can't find the link to view subscribed threads? Looks good though, sure I'll get used to it.

S

shaunmcdonald

It is very different but i do think once we get used to it it will prove much better as there seems to be alot of work gone in to offering everthing needed under one umberella :)

The shop seems to be very well done and the blogg idea is brilliant :)

Just even more time reading thro the BCUK site :D

Nigel

Forager
Dec 6, 2003
Carmarthenshire
The site has gone a bit too commercial with all the advertising, the look and feel with the old site was a lot better.

Also there seems to be a problem with the user gallery, none of the photos are loading.

Nigel

Woodcutter

Feb 6, 2006
Kent
Where has the user CP gone? my signature has been messed up a little, the bottom bit Swoosh on BB should be size 6 font!

Edit, sorted now.

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Ooooh, what fun.

A tip from me folks - don't try logging onto http://bushcraft uk.no-ip.org/forum without the gap in "bushcraftuk" or you will probably crash the site as when I did this it seemed to open the same page within the same page within the same page within the same page................ ad in finitum and nearly crashed my computer.

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Every time I post I get a blank central part of the page until I hit the "refresh button" on the top line of my internet browser.

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
I had several ways of coming to this site before and they all recognised me as rich59. At the moment it seems to only recognise me if I logon to the main web site "bushcraftuk.com" and then go to the forum. If I go direct to the forum it doesn't know me.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I've noticed some text gets hidden on the right behind the adverts if there is a photo that is bigger than the window. There's no scroll bar at the bottom so I can scroll right. Also some windows are opening within windows and dragging the left frame menu in with it.

Apart from that, it seems quite nice and I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Eric

AndyW

Nomad
Nov 12, 2006
Essex
I think it feels quite "fresh" although like others have said, the plain white does make it feel a little sterile where as the old colours did make it feel somehow homely and bushcrafty :rolleyes:

Getting the same kind of problems that others are reporting :eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE