Is this knife any good?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Treb

May 26, 2005
The Hague, the Netherlands
FreshMint said:
I deff will buy the frost, bit I have found a knife I want very desperatly alredy :D
What do you all think about this knife ?

Ah, a Helle Symfoni knife. Very nice knife, was thinking about that one too, but decided to go for the Helle Trofé instead. I really like the reindeer horn/birch/reindeer horn combination of the Trofé. If you want the Symfoni then go for it, Helle knives are great.
Here's my knife:
helletrofe2.jpg

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
FreshMint said:
I deff will buy the frost, bit I have found a knife I want very desperatly alredy :D

i think I will buy this knife in the near future but keep it at home untill I'm "ready" and have some training as in outdoor bushcraft courses under my belt.

What do you all think about this knife ?

We've (nearly) all been there.

Just don't be too upset if you end up using the Frost SWAK all the time.

I've acquired about half a dozen knives since the brief sojurn this forum had on British Blades (sigh) and still use the Mora (I prefer the rubber handled "Clipper" - middle of Hoodoo's pic) most of the time.

The Helles are luvverly, though, so I'd say go for it, but practice your sharpening skills on a cheapy first. It's a hell of a job for a beginner to reprofile a thickish blade if you get it wrong first off...

Jim.

fiacha

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2005
Dublin, Ireland
Welcome to the forum FreshMint, nice to see another "local" here.

you've made the right decision with the basic Mora. I'd also add an Opinel #6 to stick in your pocket.

let us know how the trip goes.

F.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE