is this any good??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Outdoorsman

Feb 24, 2007
Wiltshire
Well its deffinatly not a fake one. I think they were only around £30 on the woodlore site, but they've long been out of stock. Theres nothing so special about it to justify £60. not to sound rude but if his knives were that good you would think they would be more readly avalible.

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
I'd be wary about buying it.
Ray Mears official company 'Woodlore' sell them for £39.95 so the price has obviously been bumped up a bit - perhaps because Woodlore constantly run out of high-demand stock.

To be honest (and I'm no expert) you could get an equivalent or better quality blade for the same price. Alot of that £60 will be paying for the fact it's associated with Ray Mears.
But if that's the reason you want it then yeah, go for it. Only I'd check availability at Woodlore first.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Oh no, you know I go miles out of my way to avoid anything to do with Mr Mear...its just I liked the look of it, that was all.

If I ever come to the moot, you can watch Anime on my laptop, ok?

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
I recently put an handle on one of those.They are very good blades,but as Tomtom said you can buy a similar Lauri blade from Brisa or knivper for a lot less.
Singtechs tutorial on sheathmaking has a picture of the blade with a handle.

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
£60 will buy a damascuss blade from Brisa or knivper.
Or you could buy all the handle and sheath material for the £60
But its your money!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE