Does anyone have experience with this stove?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
Hi there guys,

i'm looking to source a multi-fuel stove for a mate who was interested in my coleman 533 but didn't want to pay the price for one new, i've found the below stove online and it seems like a similar concept but a good bit cheaper;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361356924595?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I think the quality may not be as good but he isn't fully sold on the petrol concept, he's used gas for years but of course it can have problems in winter and its expensive for the winter mix cylinders.

Any help is much appreciated,

Tonyuk

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
That's a BRS12-A stove made in China. Though the construction feels cheap and horrible it should be pretty reliable. It shares the hand pump with the infamous BRS-8 (MSR stove clone) that I've been using for a few years and apart the rubber cup washer getting a little worn is doing well.

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
I've had one of those for around 4/5 years now - occasional use but superb fierce heat, and utterly reliable. There was a thread on here about them a fair few years back. Top tip from me - the fuel cap never used to be of the vented type - i.e. it only vents any built up pressure during the last turn on so on it when unscrewing - therefore cover it securely with the whole palm of your hand when unscrewing. I hand to search a wide area of grass for mine once!

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
Just a quick update,

The stove arrived a few days ago (quick from china!) and so far seems like very good value for money. Putting out a fierce heat without much effect, also seems much more controllable than my Coleman. I'm thinking about getting one myself since it pairs very well with a 14cm zebra.

Tonyuk

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
I've had one for quire some years now, its my winter stove. Absolutely awesome bit of kit for the money. They've started selling spares for them now on aliexpress, i've recently bought some spare jets and a new tube.

Oct 11, 2016
cornwall
I have one,and a 14cm pot,excellent piece of kit,when burning right,no smoke or smell.wood pellets or cat litter,i find is the best fuel.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE