Is necklace/pendant bushcrafty make or not?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

charley beale

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2006
South
Thank you for all your input to this thread. Here are my first attempts ...... please be kind. I had to sit on my hands to stop myself continuing to fiddle with the daisy beyond all reason. (still think it needs extra sanding ...no no no!)

showphoto.php

Reactions: British Red

Infragreen

Tenderfoot
Jan 9, 2006
Denmark
Nice pendants, Charley.

I like the growthy/wildish/no-style one best. MORE NOSTYLE/GROWTHY/WILDISH stuff!

No hooks ready yet, but my first one is a peewee ordinary one, just waiting to be finished.

But the nocks are ready (quite apart from the bow :banghead: )
I lacquered my wrapped bamboo bow in some sort of oil-based lacquer, that should be traffic-dry in 5 hours.

Now it's been LOAFING AROUND the heating pipe for 5 DAYS! And it's beginning to show SIGNS of drying! Hmph...

Next time I'm going for spirit lacquer!

But the nocks are here...

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=748

I shot it a bit too close and bright, but there'll be more when the whole setup is put together sometime, when the polymerization finally shows up... Grrr...

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
charley beale said:
Thank you for all your input to this thread. Here are my first attempts ...... please be kind. I had to sit on my hands to stop myself continuing to fiddle with the daisy beyond all reason. (still think it needs extra sanding ...no no no!)

showphoto.php

Thanks Charley - great idea - played fiddling with some wood thats common round here (you know fire wood) ;) Watcha think?

leaf7tm.jpg

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
love em guys!:D

Is that a daisy on the right charley? would go well with a Reds leaf!;)

charley beale

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2006
South
jdlenton said:
Those are very nice Charley what wood are they and how have you finished them? and what are you going to make next

James

Hi James

Thank you! They are both pine with a bit of danish oil at the end to finish them off. I don't know what to make next but I want to keep it outdoorsy themed, so possibly a leaf. Biggest problem is being too much of a perfectionist - I am never completely happy with them and have to curb myself from taking off a bit more, then a bit more until i am left with a shaving!

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
charley beale said:
I am never completely happy with them and have to curb myself from taking off a bit more, then a bit more until i am left with a shaving!

Don’t I know this one I’ve made things for year some professionally and I’m never happy with the finished items. I am my worst critic and can always see fault in what I make but others thinks its great, so the best solution I’ve found is to get what ever it is I make out of my site as fast as I can. I am then free to think about the next thing I make and not fuss and worry over the faults it think are in a piece.

James

charley beale

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2006
South
g4ghb said:
love em guys!:D

Is that a daisy on the right charley? would go well with a Reds leaf!;)

Thank you. Yes it is a daisy on the right (congratulating self on making something identifiable) :eek: my fave flower (or weed depending on your view).

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
charley beale said:
Thank you. Yes it is a daisy on the right (congratulating self on making something identifiable) :eek: my fave flower (or weed depending on your view).

cool - remember a weed is just a flower that is not where you want it! ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE