Is it me or is it boring?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacary

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2004
I wondered why the guys in the office laughted at me when I used that saying.

Sorry I didnt mean to offend anybody.

Still with the other thread now closed I guess this one will be soon too so my error will escape detection.

Although I stand by my words, a forum is about free speech and debate, this is not a public site I realise this but nor does it advertise itself as a site where only the 'in' point of view is allowed. As Frogo points out it shouldn't be about bowing to the views of the majority for in that path lays absolutism nor should it be championing the minority for as long as the critism is constructive and not derogatory we should hear both sides of any arguement and being sensible adults be able to decide for ourselves what is right and wrong.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Zacary I dont think the thread was closed to stop people critising the programme I think it was closed as it had gone off track a little.

As tony points out a new thread will start next week. :naughty: you can guarntee it nate!

Like the qoute from last of the mohicans the movie by the way :wink: !

Frogo

Forager
Jul 29, 2004
Tone,

I do like this group so I think I will have to stay.

Free Speech
Funny Speech
Serious Speech
Informative Speech
Suppressed Speech

You get it all, untill it gets locked

Sorry if I offend the mods and any body else.

Frogo

Frogo

Forager
Jul 29, 2004
Tone,

Free Speech
Funny Speech
Serious Speech
Informative Speech
Suppressed Speech

You get it all, until it gets locked

Frogo

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
Zacary said:
Although I stand by my words, a forum is about free speech and debate, this is not a public site I realise this but nor does it advertise itself as a site where only the 'in' point of view is allowed. As Frogo points out it shouldn't be about bowing to the views of the majority for in that path lays absolutism nor should it be championing the minority for as long as the critism is constructive and not derogatory we should hear both sides of any arguement and being sensible adults be able to decide for ourselves what is right and wrong.

:biggthump

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
And heres another thread hijacked :yikes: has anyone actually got anything to say about the programme that has not already been said instead of going round in circles?

Ed

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
Come on people. Have a heart ... and just drop this now.

It's been round and round and round...

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Gary’s spot on, the thread started on the subject of the programme and it should have stayed that way, I’ve no problem with people criticising the programme, but I do have a problem with people being criticised when they’ve done nothing really to deserve it. No matter what people would like the site to be, it will always be a site that is welcome to all and tries hard not to offend anyone with inconsiderate speech.

The language used on here should be of a certain standard. I created the site to be a nice place for everyone, where they could feel welcome and I decided at the beginning that it needed to be somewhere that I would not mind my kids stumbling upon it and having a look about..

Zacary said:
as long as the critism is constructive and not derogatory we should hear both sides of any arguement and being sensible adults be able to decide for ourselves what is right and wrong.

Spot on, I agree with this but the key point that tends to get ignored is the ‘constructive and not derogatory’ part. Have a read of this http://www.bushcraftuk.net/community/showthread.php?t=134
Nothing has changed since then in how the place is run.

It’s not a site that will cater for those that don’t respect these standards. Running this place is hard work and very time consuming and it’s run very well considering nearly 1000 members are on here and it’s growing fast.

This is not meant as a nag for you guys but as a word to everyone. This is a great place and I intend to keep it that way and I’ll not put up with it being changed for the worse by allowing crass speech, innuendoes, or stuff like arguing with the mods. Life for them is hard enough already with the hundreds of post on here very day.

Frogo said:
Tone,

Free Speech
Funny Speech
Serious Speech
Informative Speech
Suppressed Speech

You get it all, untill it gets locked

Frogo

No problem and I’m glad you feel you want to be here.

We'll have a thread for each episode, it will be much easier for people to read that way, the big threads get off track and they're hard to keep up with :wink:

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I know theres not a great deal of competiton,but its the best programe on tv at the moment with out a doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE