Ironclad Surplus

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
I placed an order with Ironclad Surplus back at the end of April, and having accepted my payment (via Paypal) and sent me a confirmation email, I haven't got my goods. The product was in stock when I bought it... so why the delay? Signing into the website confirms that the order has not been despatched.
I phoned the number, but after a few rings I was put through to an answerphone. Wary of leaving a message that might be ignored, I didn't leave one, and phoned the next day: no rings just straight to the answerphone. Having left a message, my call hasn't been returned.
Am I fretting about nothing at all, or have other people had problems with this company?

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
They could be on their jollies. Keep us posted though its good to learn who the good guys are out there, as well as the less efficent traders. 28 days is a long time but some stores don't order your goods til they have their grubby mitts on your cash esp it its an unusual item. No one wants to stock something they aren't going to shift for years.

Although Chris said it was in stock at time of ordering.

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
It also says he'll email if it will take a long time... and looking on my bank statement the Paypal went through on May 4th. Item was a basha as I left mine on the back of a truck a while back, and figured I ought to replace it ASAP... hardly unusual and was in stock.
I'll keep you guys posted :)

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
It's all been sorted, and there's even a happy ending :)
Got this email just now:
Dear Sir,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for not returning your telephone call of last week.

We received a consignment of Bashas and Ponchos from our supplier that had a major fault with the taping on the seams, and as a result, we returned to the supplier. This has regrettable meant a delay in the despatch of your order from us, and is something we aim to rectify within the next five working days.

We will however be more than happy to process a full refund should you regrettably wish to source your goods elsewhere.

Kind regards, and sincerest apologies,

Andy Coleman

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
That wasn't the end: I got an email a week later, explaining that the same problem had come up. Andy offered me a refund, or to wait for the next order, or a discounted Hennessy. Since his tarps are the cheapest I know, I didn't want a refund, and waiting for the next order seemed seemed silly after what had happened to the last two. So I plumped for the Hennessy, which he very kindly supplied at cost plus VAT. I'd say that was pretty good service - happy customer here. Arrived yesterday, looks a top bit of kit. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE