Introduction

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

cheapeats

Forager
Feb 20, 2008
New England
Hello everyone, I have been viewing your forum for a few weeks and decided to join. I am in my early 40's and devote some time as assistant scout master to our local boy scout troop. I have two sons in their early to mid teens. I enjoy learning primitive skills, hunting, archery, fishing, camping,leatherworking , tinkering and learning. I live in the New England region of the USA about 60 miles from Boston . Ihope to be able to add to this community in some way.

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
Hi and welcome to the forum from the other side of the pond. You'll find a great place to share and learn (i do more of the latter) here. What's New England like? Is it as nice as I imagine?

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hello and welcome.
I have visited the Boston area a couple of times and taken young people from Acton and Newburyport on exped to Africa and Thailand - Boston is OK!
Enjoy the site.
John

cheapeats

Forager
Feb 20, 2008
New England
Whats New England like that differs from day to day but today it is snowing and the area I live in will have close to a foot of snow by time it is done but just a few days ago we were up to 50 degrees F. Were I live it is a developing bedroom community but 80% of the towns land is State forrest or park land and undevelopable. I routinely see wildlife right near my house (wild turkeys, whitetail deer, coyotes, red fox). When I have a chance I will post a few pictures of waht it looks like near me. It is a really good place to practice bushcraft skills as it is never far to a wild area.

cheapeats

Forager
Feb 20, 2008
New England
Here are a few pictures these were taken within a 10 minute drive from my house.

cookingbreakfast.jpg

cooking breakfast with my youngest son

danielspond.jpg

Fall camping with the Boy Scouts

onthetrail.jpg

Day trip with my youngest he carried a full pack to condition for longer trip to the White Mountains

2006_1022029.jpg

My boys and their poncho shelter.

2006_1022040.jpg

My oldest and I on a conditioning hike.

If anyon is interested I can post pictures from other areas around NewEngland as I usually go camping at least once a month with the Boy Scouts and as Activity Coordinator explore new areas to camp. I also have pictures of alot of my hands on projects Simple sheath making, sled built from pallets, canoe paddle repair, reflector oven, and much more.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE