Interesting Way To Pitch A Basha

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pete E

Forager
Dec 1, 2004
North Wales
Folks,

I am not sure if this has been posted here before or not, but for a slightly different way of pitching a basha or poncho as a "dome tent", take a look at:

http://www.alpharubicon.com/prepinfo/ponchotent.htm

I have no idea how well this works in reality but I thought some one maybe interested. I am wondering if the basic design could be copied with hazel or willow wands???

Regards,

Pete

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
Brilliant!! Specially round here, where there's few trees to hang your basha on! :wink:

Thanks for sharing that - think I might have a go... :biggthump

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Kath said:
Brilliant!! Specially round here, where there's few trees to hang your basha on! :wink:

Thanks for sharing that - think I might have a go... :biggthump

Makes a change from sleepin' under goalposts eh Kath?? :biggthump :rolmao:

Looks a good idea Pete. Dunno if I'd try to 'Sail' my poncho though?? :yikes:

Pete E

Forager
Dec 1, 2004
North Wales
I think if it did show promise, I would stitch a couple of "tapes" on the inside of the basha so that the poles could be slid through them. This would help to locate the poles properly and stop them moving.

The stitching would then need sealing with a little silicon caulking afterwards...

Regards,

Pete

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
I forgot about this article :shock: I tried it with my poncho. Yes, Willow wands work spendidly. The same poncho traditionally staked out will provide measurably less protection from the elements but more manuevering room. It's a nice option on open terrain and properly staked down slips high winds well. I felt like a claustrophobic turtle the one night I used it and would prefere the open pitch with a proper sleeping bag if possible.

Brainflex

Nov 6, 2004
As for sailing in it, I have done this.Just make a dome using 6 or 8 saplings bent over and stuck in the ground, drop basha on,tie the edges to the sticks,
turnover and it's ready.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE