Intellectual betterment.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I am very happy that the guys who I hold in high regard take me at my word, and I am happy to take them at theirs, but why you would decide to act like this is beyond me?

Maggot

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Somerset
No mate. It finishes now, before I start joining in! JD is my mate and I will not have him or his wife spoken to that way! I recommend this thread gets locked now please Tony.

Oh, good heavens! Get a grip, this isn't a playground. What are you going to do, ambush me at the bus-stop?

How many times do I have to say I understand and believe they are perfectly nice people?

billybob0987

Tenderfoot
Jul 19, 2011
Eastbourne
Be honest, are you and the wife in fact Reed 'Mr Fantastic' Richards and Sue Storm from the Fantastic Four? Sorry to rumble your cover, I read far too many comic books. Must be my low IQ :p

ultimate-fantastic-four.jpg

fantastic fours being rebooted, supposedily their recasting everyone, aparantely there ditching chris evans cause hes now capt america and getting some dude from 90210, its all down hill from here, as a plus though the trailer for the rebooted spiderman is finally online and definately looks like an improvement to the former tobey mcguire drivel

does this thread really need to be closed, its always good to have a random chat thread, and if no one replys to the questionable posts they cant continue, repeated posts to try and intice people back into an arguement would obviously prove malicious intent, which is why i probably wouldnt reply to posts in reply to this bit of this one

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Having read every post in this thread,i dont think Maggot has said anything malicious, in fact worse has been said about him than by him from my point of view,and the last few post's seem to be a bit of a let's all gang up co's we are mates and you aint.Though i do feel its gone about as far as its going to,without hitting a slippery slope.

billybob0987

Tenderfoot
Jul 19, 2011
Eastbourne
it was a delibaretly vague post to avoid annoying anyone and making them start it all over again, but obviously that was a mistake, and malicious was a bad choice of words but i couldnt think of a better one, basically to clarify, all i meant was if no one replys to post regarding the specific matter, on either side of the arguement, then it has to stop, if anyone were posting repeated posts to bring it up again, it would suggest they are trying to keep it going for some reason, whether its pettyness or their own amusement, or maybe cause they got abducted by aliens and implanted with some kinda probe that triggers everytime there near an argument and makes them argue even more, though thats pretty unlikely, but as i said before, i'm not gonna reply to any posts about this post, cause obviously thats just like fuelling the fire, if anyone really feels that they have been wronged, it would probably best to sort it out in private messages than open forum

Last edited:

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Trying to get back on topic, Intellectual Betterment...

... my school had a guest lecturer in last week, a Dr Lewney! He was discussing "Rock in 11 dimensions". It ticked all my boxes :)

If you have a spare hour, have a look at a vid of his lecture:

http://youtu.be/fjKugarLN-s

EmmaD

Forager
Feb 27, 2011
South Staffs
It finishes when it finishes Emma, and there are two further episodes to go yet!

nothing provacative or confrontational or an attempt at baiting in that line I am sure. The Kylie references are though and do show that you may have Googled me quite extensively. I'm not ashamed at those pictures as it was a fancy dress party. But I will not respond to your posts further to this.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2011
Fife, Scotland
Let's just get this thread closed.

Emma you started this with big headed remarks that were clearly done to make somoene feel stupid, not cool. However you stopped so afterwards it didn't matter.

Jonathan has done nothing except say he had a high iq

Maggot, perfectly reasonable for you to think somoene is fibbing but there is no need to take it to the lengh you did, if you don't believe him fine, just stop with it

This is the internet folks, it isn't contrary to popular belief serious business. This place is a nice mellow chilled out place let's keep it that way folks.

Peace

Maggot

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Somerset
nothing provacative or confrontational or an attempt at baiting in that line I am sure. The Kylie references are though and do show that you may have Googled me quite extensively. I'm not ashamed at those pictures as it was a fancy dress party. But I will not respond to your posts further to this.

Whhaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttttttttttttt?????????????????????????????

You need to seriously lay off the Absynthe love. I'm scared to say anything now, in case you dressed up as Rose West at a party or had a haircut that gave you a passing likeness to a young Margaret Thatcher, went to a beach or once drove a car or breathed in and out or any other activity that may suggest I have been interwebbing you!

Strewth on a bloody bike. Delusional.

EmmaD

Forager
Feb 27, 2011
South Staffs
I did start this. And I have said sorry personally to the person I attacked. And I am sorry if I made him feel awful. I never took it to this personal level though.

EmmaD

Forager
Feb 27, 2011
South Staffs
Whhaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttttttttttttt?????????????????????????????

You need to seriously lay off the Absynthe love. I'm scared to say anything now, in case you dressed up as Rose West at a party or had a haircut that gave you a passing likeness to a young Margaret Thatcher, went to a beach or once drove a car or breathed in and out or any other activity that may suggest I have been interwebbing you!

Then explain the random Kylie reference.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Right, you have 2 eggs. They are exactly the same. You need to test the highest floor the eggs can be dropped and remain intact when falling from a 99 storey building. Explain the least number of tests you need to do in order to know exactly.

Maggot

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Somerset
Right, you have 2 eggs. They are exactly the same. You need to test the highest floor the eggs can be dropped and remain intact when falling from a 99 storey building. Explain the least number of tests you need to do in order to know exactly.

None, I would use computer simulation to map the results.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK

One. You drop an egg from a first floor and it will break. End of test.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE