Intellectual betterment.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Right, you have 2 eggs. They are exactly the same. You need to test the highest floor the eggs can be dropped and remain intact when falling from a 99 storey building. Explain the least number of tests you need to do in order to know exactly.

no tests at all, i already know that eggs break when dropped

stuart

Maggot

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Somerset
So, you have a very clever mathematician, and an aggressive disbelieving terrier-like wordsmith, and you need to prove who is right. Using only a croissant, a sprig of lucky heather from a Gypsy lady in the High Street and a old copy of the New Testament that you were given at school when you were thirteen by the Gideons, work out whose gang you want to be in when the music stops.

I can't believe that there are 12 people currently looking at this thread! Emma, I think we are famous!

Last edited:

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
look_at_this_duck.jpg

joejoe

On a new journey
Jan 18, 2007
washington
has anyone met these people, if not why atack them to mev this is the second time a post by j d has went into a personal atack

EmmaD

Forager
Feb 27, 2011
South Staffs
the type of egg has not been defined, it could be glass, rubber, diamond...

I confess to not knowing the answer to this and may be overcomplicating it. But I do know a rubber egg would not break and two diamonds the size of eggs would be stolen quickly by me before they made the first floor.

I may regret this. But I am going with Robbi, Jon & Stu.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
has anyone met these people, if not why atack them to mev this is the second time a post by j d has went into a personal atack

What!! Really? Where was the other one?

And yeah, people have met me, and indeed both of us. I had to apologise for her then too.

Maggot

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Somerset
If the rubber is frozen it will shatter on impact. So we also need to know if the egg is rubber, what the temperature is. Similarly, if the eggs were diamonds, and hit a diamond floor, then they could break.

Poorly worded question really.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
If the rubber is frozen it will shatter on impact. So we also need to know if the egg is rubber, what the temperature is. Similarly, if the eggs were diamonds, and hit a diamond floor, then they could break.

Poorly worded question really.

See, now you are thinking like a mathematician and over-complicating stuff. An egg is an egg is an egg. They smash at a height of a few feet

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE