Insect Netting for Hammock GROUP BUY

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wentworth

Settler
Aug 16, 2004
Australia
Netting arrived yesterday. That's really quick postage.... many thanks, I've set it up and it looks great. Unfortunately it's now Autumn here... no bugs!

strollon

Mar 4, 2005
suffolk
Mine arrived today, thank you John for your hard work,your wife and kids must be saints to put up with what you do for us lot.

Regards Strollon

gunnix

Nomad
Mar 5, 2006
Belgium
Netting arrived. One is looking perfect, the other one has about 4 small places where the holes aren't that small (from far it looks like holes, but there are luckily a few lines in the 'holes'), but I bet it's small enough not to let mosquitos in :)

Thanks again! :)

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
barry said:
since i have one of your hammocks would like to get a mossie net too any chance there be any more group buys

Don't' know id there will be another group buy at this stage but I may still have one left from this batch. I just need to see how I get on with any faulty ones so if you PM me in about a week I will know better then if I will have spare nets.

wildrover

Nomad
Sep 1, 2005
Scotland
Checked the nets out the other day.
No holes (other than the ones that are supposed to be there :D )
I’m well chuffed :cool:
One question though.
How do the clipped tapes at the apron stop the midges getting in?
Is it the case that the tapes hold the bottom of the net together and the hammock is forced against the tapes by your body weight thereby forming the bottom of the net a round the bottom of the hammock and thus sealing the gap?

Jul 13, 2005
Earth
Hi John

I have recieved all of my items from you, (hammock, 2 nets & dry bags). Thank you very very much for all your efforts. I want to get some more dry bags for a friend. Is there any time limit on them or can you get them all the time? Anyway thanks again.

Warmest regards.
Dave.

MagiKelly

Prometheus said:
I want to get some more dry bags for a friend. Is there any time limit on them or can you get them all the time? Anyway thanks again.

I "could" order more dry bags but there is a £250 minimum order to get the discounted prices. How many dry bags does your friend want :D

Seriously if you post your request on the Dry Bags thread I might be able to do something. I have some spares that I got for myself and a few of the SotP members are expressing interest in a big heavy duty dry bag that is £60 even with the discount so a few of them would soon take us above the limit.

MagiKelly

wildrover said:
How do the clipped tapes at the apron stop the midges getting in?
Is it the case that the tapes hold the bottom of the net together and the hammock is forced against the tapes by your body weight thereby forming the bottom of the net a round the bottom of the hammock and thus sealing the gap?

Yes. When you are in the hammock the width of the hammock creates a seal against the net and the side of the hammock..

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE