Insect Netting for Hammock GROUP BUY

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
John,
Got home testerday and had a look at my netting, I have to say that I'm very impressed with it mate, quality of workmanship is good and the price was an absolute steal. Thanks again for your effort, I just need some time off to give it a try.
Brian :D

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Daniel said:
Just wondering, is there any kind of garantee on the insect nettings with pyramid??

I am not 100% sure of this but I am fairly sure that as you paid me it is me that is responsible for any warranty claims and I then have to take them up with Pyramid. Certainly Pyramid have said they would replace the ones with holes if I send them to them but for all the effort involved I will probably just repair the ones returned to me and use them, unless there is a lot of them.

The insect netting is the sort of product that if working when it arrives is unlikely to go wrong.

Why do you ask? Do you have a specific concern?

Daniel

Nomad
Apr 20, 2005
Berkshire
Thanks for that Magikelly! No concern at all, my nettings are hole free and seem to be really good quality. Just wondering really!!

Thanks,
Dan

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Received mine yesterday - thanks John.

2 Questions though please

Is it supposed to be a loop at the end or strips of material? I presume it's strips as they're used to tie close the gap around the supporting string...

Also, what's the string running along the top inside for? If it's to suspend the netting from it's too short as it doesn't reach to the ends of the netting.

Am I being dum here???

Mark

MagiKelly

Buckshot said:
Received mine yesterday - thanks John.

2 Questions though please

Is it supposed to be a loop at the end or strips of material? I presume it's strips as they're used to tie close the gap around the supporting string...

Also, what's the string running along the top inside for? If it's to suspend the netting from it's too short as it doesn't reach to the ends of the netting.

Am I being dum here???

Mark

If you have a look at this post you can see the ridge line in action. I am surprised it is too short, this is the first I have heard of that fault but it might be just that no one else has noticed yet.

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showpost.php?p=161332&postcount=276

You will also see in the above post that I mention that the loops should be tapes but since then I have heard a number of people saying theres was tapes so it looks like just some were not cut. Remember to melt the ends a little to stop them fraying.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Thanks John,
Loops are no problem I can sort that.

If I understand the pics re the ridge line... this attaches to the hammock supports as well then?
It stands to reason actually, otherwise you'd have 3 lines going to the trees (inc the tarp one).

Cheers

Mark

MagiKelly

The ridge lines attach to the hooks, metal rings or carabiners att eh ends of your hammock.

gbnet6.jpg

The green string in this picture is the ridge line.

Reactions: Buckshot

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Thanks John,
The penny drops, it's not the netting at all - it's me !
I understand now !
I'll see if I can have a play and get the two bits together this weekend.

Cheers

Mark

MagiKelly

Below is the updated list of those whose nets have still to be sent out. if there is a # next to the name it means I have had a PM and know the money is on route or that arrangements have been made.

3 morch
2 wolf man # (seem to remember sending these)
1 Barblade
6 Roy's Badger
1 filcon #
1 Yggdrasil
1 R-J #
2 gill #
2 tagnut69
1 alpha_centaur
1 bow drill

Makes 21 still to go out. If you have paid and your name is above let me know. It is entirely possible that I have made a mistake.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Martyn

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
John, got mine a while back and forgot to say thanks. Great kit and more to the point, thankyou very much for the work you've put in here. I know how hard it is to organise this kind of thing - you deserve a medal sir.

:You_Rock_

beamdune

Oct 14, 2005
Manchester
A belated thank you, I'm still in a daze after coming back off holiday. Although a more than pleasant surprise on my return was a royal mail missed delivery card, a quick trip to the sorting office revealed it was my netting and hammocks :)

MagiKelly

No only those below to sort out. If there is a # next to the name it means I have had a PM and know the money is on route or that arrangements have been made.

3 morch
2 wolf man # (seem to remember sending these)
6 Roy's Badger
1 filcon #
1 Yggdrasil#
1 R-J #
2 gill #
1 alpha_centaur
1 bow drill

Second PM going to Morch, Roy's Badger, Alpha_Centaur and Bow drill

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE