I'm on the telly today!

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
Last year I went to Tintagel to do a bit of filming with Dicky Strawbridge and his son James. It is finally being shown today ay 2pm on ITV1 (Hungry Sailors)

I have the Strawbridge boys working hard to make a knife using my Iron Age forge (the bellows to which had been shredded by mice the day before, just to make life harder). Then after Dick constantly trying to keep the reference to him being my 'pump monkey', we had a knife that was to usde later in the day...

Lets see how it comes out in the editing :)

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Will watch that, quite like Mr Strawbridge from old Scrapheap Challenge days. Seems a genuine bloke.

Cheers for the heads up!

KP

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Excellent, have got it on to record mate. Looking forward to seeing you again next week at Corfe too ;)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Just watched the show... :)

Quite enjoyable but yeah, they did leave you with a fair bit to do but it was a lovely looking knife goodjob

Who got to keep it?

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
I took James and his Mum camping a few years back, never met Dick though, but he did have one of my gas bottle stoves for his workshops. Also Chicken of the woods came along to do a bit of foraging...Now where is that link...:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE