I'm on the telly today!

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
thanks folks :)

I had to rush off to work and then to a show on friday, so have only just seen it myself. Not too bad. I'm pleased that they kept at least on Pump Monkey reference in there :D

I knew it would be a lot of filming of bits and that they wouldn't actually be able to forge a blade in the couple of hours that they had booked me for (since that would normally fill a day on one of my courses!). So I took a finished blade and a couple of part done ones with me, that way hey could be filmed making the knife in various stages. I went for an antler handle because it wouldn't need any shaping and finishing and they could film it being fitted to the blade.

and, yes the food was as good as it looked :) It was a shame that it was so cold and damp and that most of us had to drive home, otherwise we would've had more of the cider!

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
i wish! During the forging it was hazy with a mist of drizzle in the air towards the end , so much so that the forge was playing up! several diners were in rain macks during dinner even though we were under a shelter.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE