i'm in trouble

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Good luck. If all else fails, blame it on the cat.

oustanding idea! anyone got a cat i can borrow?

i think i'll get away with it, found the biggest wetest lump of coal i could and threw it on the fire, the house just stinks of coal smoke now, and surely that can't be my fault can it?

stuart

m.durston

Jun 15, 2005
st albans
puppy dog eyes wont work if he looks like dracula cos of the smoke lol
also to get the smell out of the furniture,curtains etc buy a big bottle of febreze. give your living room a liberal dose of it and when she walks in she will exclaim ' wow! fresh!' just like the blonde haired girl in the advert.

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
.... big bottle of febreze. give your living room a liberal dose of it and when she walks in she will exclaim ' wow! fresh!' just like the blonde haired girl in the advert.

she may be blonde but she's not stupid, gemma walks in and the house smells clean she'll know that there's something wrong!

stuart

tomongoose

Nomad
Oct 11, 2010
Plymouth
Puppy dog eyes and a large bar of Galaxy/Dairy Milk. It works wonders
I'll second that I always keep an emergency box of chocolates stashed in the roof in case I forget a birthday or anniversary or I break/burn/squash something of hers

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
Emma had a half day today because of teacher training, or whatever excuse they use to do a half day. She turned up at the office (she never comes here) at the same time the posty arrived with some kit I bought. I did use the well used (I might be using it a little too much which is reducing its effectiveness) argument that £24 on two Swedish trangia stoves was nowhere near the amount of her daft costume. It worked to a point and I even got her dremelling the hook off them both. She did a good job were it not for the fact that she dropped the red hot ends on the carpet and burned a big C shape into it. Learning this mistake, she did the other over the sink and managed to drop the smaller cut off onto the lino floor, where it remains stuck. Not happy about that as they were all replaced in March. Gives me more ammunition though for when it's needed. Pity my kit delivery address has been discovered though.

I had the same thing happen to me. My wife expressed her concern at the constant stream of parcels arriving at our house since i discovered my new favourite hobby. So I thought I'd be sneaky and have my new bag sent to my Dads. Only for my dad to tell me my parcel had arrived when we all sat down to dinner :eek:. I'd even asked him to keep it on the down low. Bless him he is a little old nowadays but I was still busted. Although, ultimately I can do what I like with my money I still felt like a naughty school boy :eek:

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
easy stu,
you were lighting the fire and you tripped, setting fire to your head, in your panic you accidentally dislodged some wood therefore filling the room with smoke! :D
you just have to bandage your head before she gets home, should get you buckets of sympathy :cool:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
He's been quiet since 17:39...

Do you think he's been hung by his family jewels in the nearest tree with his knives as nails?? :yikes:

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
i was recharging one of those liquid handwarmers on sunday, then i got distracted by the tv and recharged it a bit too much. house full of smoke, i have to use 600 grit wed and dry on the saucepan.
slaps head.

steve

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Hmmmm not looking good at all for Stu.... Nothing from him at all.

His wife must have not believed the wet coal story and grounded him big time :(

L

lurkalot

Brilliant idea! think I'll invest in some pricey chocs and maybe some cheap jewellery and a selection of cards(birthday, anniversary, sorry, etc)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE