Ignore Function

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

knowledge=gain

Sent off- not allowed to play
Jun 25, 2022
england
Yeah, of course it was me who posted the image - it had my name on the post!
And no, I'm not a gifted member (in any sense of the phrase) either.
I'm as much a member as you are.
And just because one or two others also thought I was criticising you because you didn't want to reveal your employment status proves nothing. Except they were just as wrong as you. Look, I've got no reason to lie to you - I don't respect you enough - so more than happy to be honest and transparent.
Anyhow.
Deal with it how you like. I'm not going to get drawn into a conversation with you because it will get nowhere. You (and anyone else for that matter) can draw whatever conclusions you like from that.
well i do not know if you can see it yet i see the gift upgrade showing in green font with a parcel image under your profile name in comments

if this is not correct and should not be showing then there must be a glitch or some-thing else causing the gift upgrade to show then best the mods like @Wayne or @C_Claycomb or @Tony know so they can look into to fixing it

and if an errata for gift upgrade has given me a false-knowledge and caused me to be mistaken then i sincerely apologise

I've got no reason to lie to you - I don't respect you enough
so you lie to folk you do respect and do not respect new members that are different to you...??

And just because one or two others also thought I was criticising you because you didn't want to reveal your employment status proves nothing. Except they were just as wrong as you.
then why put an insulting image of a knob and not explain yourself to avoid alleged confusion...??

it is only fair that if some-one makes comments to i, i afford them the common-courtesy and common-decency of a reply after all it is only fair

that too can be taken as any-one likes

all fair in honesty and transparency whereby the evidence speaks for itself

and for those some being mods who like latin

res ipsa loquitur the thing speaks for itself

and that is not calling you or any-one [1] a thing, it means the res-specific as a whole

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
well i do not know if you can see it yet i see the gift upgrade showing in green font with a parcel image under your profile name in comments

if this is not correct and should not be showing then there must be a glitch or some-thing else causing the gift upgrade to show then best the mods like @Wayne or @C_Claycomb or @Tony know so they can look into to fixing it

and if an errata for gift upgrade has given me a false-knowledge and caused me to be mistaken then i sincerely apologise

so you lie to folk you do respect and do not respect new members that are different to you...??

then why put an insulting image of a knob and not explain yourself to avoid alleged confusion...??

it is only fair that if some-one makes comments to i, i afford them the common-courtesy and common-decency of a reply after all it is only fair

that too can be taken as any-one likes

all fair in honesty and transparency whereby the evidence speaks for itself

and for those some being mods who like latin

res ipsa loquitur the thing speaks for itself

and that is not calling you or any-one [1] a thing, it means the res-specific as a whole
The green gift upgrade button is under your name too.
It gives someone the option to gift you an upgrade.

Click on a random name and you will see it.

Reactions: Scottieoutdoors

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
A friend of mine in the design office came up with a beautiful saying the other day after a long and difficult conversation with a particularly awkward customer. - I think it is reminiscent of life in general.

" I can only advise against Stupidity , I cannot prevent it "

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~

The upgrade button appears under everyones name if they are at a level of membership that can be upgraded.

Surprisingly if you want to you could upgrade Tony's membership, what to I have no idea :lmao:

nigelp

Native
Jul 4, 2006
New Forest
newforestnavigation.co.uk
You can post images on here for free.
I pay to support a couple of other forums. They also have direct posting of images as a perk of this support and a members only area/classifies.
The upgrade button appears under everyones name if they are at a level of membership that can be upgraded.

Surprisingly if you want to you could upgrade Tony's membership, what to I have no idea :lmao:
Supreme leader of all forums

Reactions: Scottieoutdoors

knowledge=gain

Jun 25, 2022
england
i
thank you i did not know that

as it does not show on mine for me to see

i guess we cannot see our own gift upgrade button...??

i cannot recall reading anything on it either

much appreciated

the word upgrade causes confusion and comes across to me any-way as though it is a paid for

in that case i humbly and again sincerely apologise to @Wander for the confusion on my part

Last edited:

knowledge=gain

Jun 25, 2022
england

thank you

hmm now that leaves it open for almost any-thing...

the challenge for some could be to something most positive and most kind that fits Tony's persona perfectly and that leave us newbies out as we do not know Tony that well as yet

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I wonder what it would be like to press ignore on everyone. A perfect online meditation space perhaps.

PS you probably can't see this anyway.

PPS i love the idea of trying to gift Tony an upgrade on his own forum.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Interested to know what criteria or reasoning a person makes anothers ignore list?

I'm pretty sure its not just different perspective or opinions.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere

No, I wouldn't have thought so either.
In an activity like bushcraft where, let's face it, all participants have their *ahem* 'quirks', it's not going to be due to sheer difference.
I'm going to stick my neck out and suggest all (well, the vast majority) of those who enjoy activities like bushcraft have probably always been on the fringe.
No.
It's not difference. Many use that as a towel to wrap themselves in - 'you dislike me because I'm different'. It becomes a way of absolving responsibility - it's your narrow-mindedness that means you don't like me.
I think it's more to do with attitude, manner, and demeanour that does it. Not one's opinions so much as the way they are expressed.

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
Interested to know what criteria or reasoning a person makes anothers ignore list?

For me it can be one or a combination of factors, such as the impression of a know it all attitude, ie that this piece of equipment or method is the absolute best, even if the poster hasn’t ever used the equipment or method, or when the poster in question has disproportionate responses to replies or statements by others. The kind of people whom you know are dangerous if put in any situation where the skills they claim to be experts on are ever tested.
I myself am not neurotypical, what used to be called Asperger’s, and I let people know about it to help explain why my responses may not be what people expect, and I try very hard not to antagonise anyone, live and let live, as they say. But some people are either completely oblivious to how they are viewed based on what and how they post, or revel in antagonising people, and skirting the line of being removed from the group.
The one whom is causing me an issue at the moment, I am not even sure is a human, or at least an individual, their writing style and post contents are too much like the content generated by an artificial intelligence, being tested on unwitting forums by their creators in a Turing test. Some of the posts may have been created or moderated by a human to start with, but now the chat bot is doing it‘s own thing.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE