Idiot guide to stitching leather needed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kimbo

Nomad
Feb 21, 2006
Kent
Hi Guys,

As usual I am in need of your help here. I have handled (as in fitting the scales) to my first knife and now want to make a leather sheath for it. I've been to the lovely people at Leprevo and bought some leather and all the tools needed, I even bought the book 'The art of making Leather Cases'. Annoyingly the very first page says that to save space they will not go over the subject of how to stitch leather as it was covered in another book. Hence I am scuppered and really wanted to start this weekend. Bearing in mind I have never sewn anything does anyone have any idea where I can find a very basic stitching thread or even link to a vid.

Thanks for the help :banghead:

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Hi Guys,

As usual I am in need of your help here. I have handled (as in fitting the scales) to my first knife and now want to make a leather sheath for it. I've been to the lovely people at Leprevo and bought some leather and all the tools needed, I even bought the book 'The art of making Leather Cases'. Annoyingly the very first page says that to save space they will not go over the subject of how to stitch leather as it was covered in another book. Hence I am scuppered and really wanted to start this weekend. Bearing in mind I have never sewn anything does anyone have any idea where I can find a very basic stitching thread or even link to a vid.

Thanks for the help :banghead:

go onto leprevos website and check out their "How to's"
You want the "art of hand sewing leather" by Al Stohlman I think it's £10 from leprevo but you might get in on amazon?
Cheers
R.B.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE