i have a small bit of pork to cook lol

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

xander

Tenderfoot
Apr 28, 2011
bedford england
hi me and man of tanith are going to cook this bit of pork any ideas on the best way how
cdab5d43.jpg

ooo and we will be nowhere near a kitchen oven lol ;)

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
steve (masquite) did a leg of lamb haging between two small reflector fires at his birthday bash, really simple way of cooking and absolutely superb results. it's as simple as tying a bit of cord around one end of your piece of meat and suspending it from a convenient branch or similar, something like a skewer and a stick to control how much it spins around, and maybe something to catch the fat for basting and you've cracked it.

let us know what you decide and how you get on

stuart

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
steve (masquite) did a leg of lamb haging between two small reflector fires at his birthday bash, really simple way of cooking and absolutely superb results. it's as simple as tying a bit of cord around one end of your piece of meat and suspending it from a convenient branch or similar, something like a skewer and a stick to control how much it spins around, and maybe something to catch the fat for basting and you've cracked it.

let us know what you decide and how you get on

stuart

I was supposed to be out with MoT and Xander to help eat that huge hunk of pork :yikes: but I'm still not 100% over a chest infection :(

Personally I'd cut it half to make it easier to cook and go with the way Stu has described :)

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Get it on down the local bakers a few hours before you go, sling him a couple of quid and use his oven to precook it. Keep it in a covered tray and stick the tray on your embers to finish it off/keep it hot.

northumbrian

Settler
Dec 25, 2009
newcastle upon tyne
score it all over 'make a paste of oil,garlic salt n pepper and tyme then rub it all in and ground oven roast it like lannyman mentioned. ive got the munchies now.lol

Last edited:

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
I hate you with a passion you can only dream of.

I miss pork :(

Still, 19 days until I can get a bacon sandwich...

this made me chuckle, sorry graham.

that bacon sarnie in 19 days time is gonna be the best thing you've ever tasted!

stuart

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE