I give up.....

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
What I find sad is the huge, huge waste.

Of food, of natural resources ( timber, mineral, everything)

If wasting food went down, less transportation, less needed acreage ( or more organic agriculture)

What makes me most sad is that it does not matter much what we do in the First World, it is the Developing Worlds increase that will do us in.

This development we can not stop, can not influence in the correct direction. Would be throwing stones in a glass house!

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Yep. Time has all but run out. The ball started rolling down the hill while our backs were turned. We ignored the shouts of warning. Now it's gone too far and is going too fast to catch. So what do we do? Stop running after it, shrug our shoulders and say oh well never mind and go back to whatever we were doing that started it rolling in the first place!

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
The human craziness would stop if we did not waste so much. Stuff is to cheap.

We ‘oldies’ remember how expensive everything was in the past ( my consumer memory goes back to late 60’s).
You made sure to take care, repair, reuse.

Who today darns socks? Repairs underwear and cotton t’s?
I did. Last time, in the early 80’s.

Reactions: Woody girl

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I do make as much as I can. I repair socks patch clothes or turn them into something else. I made a rag rug for my daughter for Xmas from old clothes. She w as over the moon with it. I don't get much tv time. I even knit my own dishcloths. All my family and friends got these and a bottle of ecover washing up liquid too with a big please refill me sticker on the bottle!

Last edited:
Reactions: Janne

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Too right! If this isn't too much info... I've started to turn old t shirts into knickers. I only have to buy the elastic at a few pence a metre. Takes about half an hour to make. So how long does it take to earn the money to drive into town and buy a pair or two.? It's a different way of living. I can "walk my talk" and I'm very proud of it(I said smugly). By the way I'm not a dippy hippy! Only a full blown biker and bush baby. He he

Reactions: Robson Valley

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I've just listened to the news on the radio. Russia has a new super nuclear weapon and Japan is going back to killing whales and trump wants to deforest america.
Depressing after all the work done to stop all this stupidity in the past.
NOW I'M REALLY PSSED. Extinction Rebellion here I come! Give up? NEVER!

Reactions: Janne

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE