Hurrricane Michael

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
You might lose the all important electricity, so prepare well. Which means a large cooler full of ice and beer (brand of your choice) and several bags of potato and corn products. Chips and popcorn!

Be safe.
Any Coconut trees in your area?

Reactions: santaman2000

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Thanks guys. No coconut trees this far north. If it doesn't shift it's current track we should be on the weak side and just get some bad weather. If it shifts west we could get much more but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm as prepped as I can be without getting overdone. The county has also closed schools and opened shelters for the duration.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Are you still outside the path of the eye?
It is a cat 4 now, nasty piece of work, Michael is!
Are you still outside the path of the eye?
It is a cat 4 now, nasty piece of work, Michael is!
Yeah it's a cat 4, possibly low 5. And yes, I'm east of it one the weak side. It bullseyed Mexico City Beach, Florida and the heaviest surge was/is east of there in the Big Bend area. So far no power outages here but they've already lost power up in lower Alabama.

Reactions: crosslandkelly

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
Sounds good! So your belongings and property are fine. Good to hear!
It passed to the West of us. Just some short storm winds, a bit of nice rain. We were lucky this year, touch wood......

Now the cleanup is ahead of you.

Will you and neighbours gang up for the cleanup?

Reactions: santaman2000

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
They're still in the rescue phase now Janne. Yesterday I saw convoys of bucket trucks headed east with linemen to restore electricity. That'll take days if not longer before the real cleanup can start. Both hospitals in Panama City are closed until further notice and Tynfall AFB was all but demolished.

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
My friend, a local GP, his son is an Air Force pilot.
Spoke to him last year, he told me how they had to fly off all flyable aircraft from some Florida AFB before a hurricane hit them. Couple of years ago.
Big money, those flying thingies.....

Billy-o

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Not a lot of reporting on it here ... what with Saudi Arabia and the general outline of Donald seeming to get in the way of everything. Hope the general collateral effects are sorting themselves out now.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE