How's the weather where you are ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
A bit of rain overnight, then dry enough for me to set up my Gatewood cape shelter in the garden to try it out - only for it to start hammering it down. Kept me dry though and surprisingly spacious, so enjoyed just watching the rain for a bit.

Reactions: Toddy

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Heavens opened with a truly biblical thunder and lightning storm too! TV lost signal somehow. I returned several times with no signal until I tried the ariel option. It worked but freesat failed. After the weather calmed down a bit satellite signal came back. No idea what that's about.

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
A few hours rain on Saturday night was our good fortune, since then it's back to Mirages, Tumble Weed and Dust Devils and I think I saw a Camel Train going down the lane. 26 c inside out of the sun at the moment.:emoji_cactus:

• Haha

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Cooler today with a nice breeze, yesterday was hot and sticky.
I didn't bother looking closely at the temperature gauge, but the red line was almost at the top. That's about 50° in my sun trap garden. Spent about 2 hrs with the watering can after dark reviving the poor veg plants. They look happier this morning.
Need more rain especially at night. This watering can lark is exhausting, and my water barrels need refilling. They are totaly empty now, so I'm back to lugging 2 gallons a time up the garden/ mountain!

• Wow

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It's pouring here. There must have been some amount of rain recently on the southern uplands because the Clyde is heaving down. It's entirely covering the weir.
Quietly pleased and hopeful that the Daer Reservoir is also full.

Reactions: Woody girl

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
It's pouring here. There must have been some amount of rain recently on the southern uplands because the Clyde is heaving down. It's entirely covering the weir.
Quietly pleased and hopeful that the Daer Reservoir is also full.

Send some rain down here please!!!!!!!!!

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Scarily heavy rain here with lightning. I hope the groundwater doesn't come up in the garage l like a year last September/October. Underlying rock is limestone just below the surface in places somehow forced the water to bubble up. That was with heavy rain but sustained unlike what we have now. Water butt will be full I think though.

Lean'n'mean

Settler
Nov 18, 2020
France
Last week things cooled down & we had normal seasonal temps, around 24°C. Even had a few thunderstorms with some good rain but nothing lasts & now we're back to climate change reality.

weather.png

Raven

Jun 22, 2023
The Hebrides
Been raining fairly consistently up here in NW Scotland for a few days now. Add a dash of mist and some good windy gusts, it may as well be Autumn up here!

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Finaly, overnight rain!
Garden looks perked up, and it's grey and overcast, so hopefully more to come.
So glad I'm not going to be carrying 20 gallons of water up to the garden tonight for once.

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
Well west mids we got a keen breeze i am always in the garden shirtless even the neighbours say when i am wearing a shirt they know it has cooled off ie autumn , but today i went in the gardne at 7 am and well shirt on , it has gone back to being a little warmer in the pm but cool again with a fresh breeze you would feel by the seaside .

Ystranc

Nomad
May 24, 2019
Powys, Wales
Cool and breezy with occasional drizzle…what a blessing, cool overnight so I slept well and it’s absolutely beautiful out and about as things are greening up. I’ve been too hot for comfort this last couple of months.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Well July has come in wet.
I've been soaked three times today. I've been pruning hedges and stripping the leaves off for the compost bins. Lovely stuff, but a kind of tedious job. Worth it for the soil from the bins next year though :)
It's pouring here again, and it's windy. It's been windy for the past few days. The Sun is hot when it gets through the gaps in the clouds though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE