How's the weather where you are ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It's a scorcher of a day here in S. Lanarkshire. We're baking in sunshine. The air is full of willow seeds. Himself says the river is white with them, I know that every spider web in the garden looks like a bit of paper hankie just now. Heaven help us if even one in a thousand roots !

Supposed to be hot and sunny all week. It's quite a change really :)

Reactions: Robbi

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
We’re going into ‘June Gloom’ when It’s still overcast and unpredictable. The hills are starting to turn khaki from the massive growth spurt from our storms. Once dry, or tame streams and rivers are at full volume from melting snows. It will be fire season soon.

Reactions: Toddy

Lean'n'mean

Settler
Nov 18, 2020
France
weather.png

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It has been a beautiful cold crisp and 'bright' overcast morning. Excellent for getting stuff done, and now the Sun is breaking through and the temperature is rising, but I've done what I 'had' to do, so I can just enjoy the lovely day :cool:

Reactions: Robbi

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
Overcast and breezy here after days and days of beautiful sunshine.

Will have to start watering various plants in the garden at this rate, as no rain forcasted for another week if not longer.

ETA: No we’re back to sunny again! :)

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've come in out of the heat, but it is lovely.
My garden is a riot of colour and growing like a jungle.
It's such a pleasure to see it so vibrant and full of life.

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
Not totally off subject I think, and as this is 'Out and about' it might fit.
Hot and sunny here on the extreme South West tip of Wales, it's probably 10 days since any noticeable rain fell and the days have been sunny and warm while nights in the wood have been if not warm, at least mild. (Summer sleeping bag and on a couple occasions a Woobie as extra. )
A couple of days ago in the early hours of the morning, about 01.30 hrs I was awake in bed when I heard a splintering crash in the woods which are about 75 feet from my back door. On a windy winter's night this is not unusual but that night it was absolutely still, so today on my daily woodland wander I checked hoping to find the cause of the night racket.

You will notice that the leaves are only just starting to wilt, and the Foresters have already been busy clearing the path. I wonder why in benign conditions the seemingly healthy branch was shed by the apparently heathy Horse Chestnut Tree? I recall reading long ago about some trees that would shed leaves and branches in times of Drought in order to supply the remaining branches, but as warm and dry as it has been we are not in Drought conditions yet..

The nearby very slightly pink tinted Hawthorn spreads it's perfume for about 50 feet in the warm sunlit air.

:)

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
It's heading above 40c, and it's starting to get quite humid.
I'll be glad to get back to the UK in the summer to get a break from the weather...

• Haha

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
It's been glorious all last week, and the bank Holiday weekend, even got a one nightcamp in on the moor to finaly try out the ground dwelling gear I'd got over the lockdown.
But since I got back Monday evening, it's been dull and overcast, 10 degrees cooler with a strong and very nippy North East wind. Back to warmer clothes instead of the summer things I wore all last week.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE