Isn't the weather weird ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

henchy3rd

Settler
Apr 16, 2012
Derby
At robins wood in south Derbyshire I was blessed with sunshine today. Made my dinner, had a brew, lay in the brackens up against a tree watching a pair of buzzard soar & nodded off

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
Last weekend we got 20-30 cm of new snow this one had some 15-20 cm more. Altogether just slightly too much when added up with the previous 20 cm. On smaller roads it'll take several days before they are normally drivable without 4wd and large ground clearance. C'est la vie or something like that.

Reactions: Erbswurst

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
We've had glorious sunshine, and blizzards, horrible wet sleety snow blizzards, and the Council are out with the gritter lorries on the roads.....which the wet slushy stuff promptly melted with the sunshine and it ran off.
I wish it would make it's mind up and either be cold, or be calm, but even for us this changability is getting a tad annoying. Just can't get anything done in it :sigh:

M

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
We've had glorious sunshine, and blizzards, horrible wet sleety snow blizzards, and the Council are out with the gritter lorries on the roads.....which the wet slushy stuff promptly melted with the sunshine and it ran off.
I wish it would make it's mind up and either be cold, or be calm, but even for us this changability is getting a tad annoying. Just can't get anything done in it :sigh:

M

Yep. A true winter day I'd say haha. The wind chill is particularly unpleasant today! We've even had a bit of hail.

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
Beautiful sunny day yesterday. I could hear the little solar pump doing its thing so I knew we'd have a tank full of almost free hot water. I booked my shower.......:cool: for the evening. And yes it was lovely, nothing like going to bed squeeky clean!

Got on with light duties and creating the new summer sitting-out-area. My wife has been looking at climbing roses to plant in a particular spot when I'm finished. Plus gathering together all the things that have been saved for this area over the years.

Today was a complete contrast. Rain, cold wind, a short spell of sun and just now a howling torrential downpour which tripped the internet. Sho_Ook the tin roof it did! As ever, just when I'm doing a food order for work and I'm on the payment page. Luckily I had got to the point where the machinery had saved what I'd ordered......
Back to work just before the months end after quite some time and some major alterations:O_O:
S

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
While Airstrip One is being blown clean we had yesterday and last night another 20-30 cm of snow. This is getting ridiculous. Even nominally almost 60 of it here in the south and part of it is packed from above 0C last week. I guess the water content must be around 130 kg/m² or above. We are going to have water everywhere when this'll start melting.

Reactions: Erbswurst

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
While Airstrip One is being blown clean we had yesterday and last night another 20-30 cm of snow. This is getting ridiculous. Even nominally almost 60 of it here in the south and part of it is packed from above 0C last week. I guess the water content must be around 130 kg/m² or above. We are going to have water everywhere when this'll start melting.

Where are you based??
I mean I'm surgically attached to work right now - or may as well be... but the weather here in the southwest (UK) is positively pants...

Ah... Big brain moment.. click on name - "Finland."

Aren't you guys supposed to have snow?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE