How's the weather where you are ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
13° damp and overcast. Heavy rain overnight and more to come today.
My bonesies are aching like blazers! I'm hoping it cheers up a bit by the weekend as I have a weekend of hammocking scheduled. I know we need the rain, but I don't like it this damp and cool. I need warmth!

Lean'n'mean

Settler
Nov 18, 2020
France
After a very pleasant week of "normal" temperatures, someone has put the thermostat up again.
WEATHER-11.png

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
Overcast and unbearably humid last night. Around 21*C at 9pm last night which ordinarily would be fine but it felt like a sauna.

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
Well here in the west mids it was rain and drizzly which i like better than heavy rain , people are saying local there was floods but not here , i will say it is cooler today i like that but the sun is now burning through and the sky is very blue no clouds and i wanted to get outside today to plant but looks like the sun got there before me late evening it shall be .

Does anyone believe the story of June was hotter than 76 i was there in 76 and i can say i think it was far hotter i remember having a swimming pool in the garden not huge but fair size at the time 3ft deep and we spent most of the summer holidays in it , i mean the water was warm and we had to be dragged out lol yup well ok we got out for a wee but other than that we had floats the polystrene surfboard with drinks balanced on it and sandwiches what a giggle we had

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
@Lean'n'mean hi thank you for that i just remember being burnt to a crisp we can say these days but back then it was a wellcooked as another colour if you get me ,i do remember we did go to the woods a lot to as it was a smallish village we use to play in the old bomb craters that had turned to woody cops and omg the fun the camps we mad and slept out in lol yup and we took the large radio you know the type with us on the sleep overs i rmember a lot of ska and punk and skinhead music back then .

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
Well the weather has dropped off we had some heavy rain not ideal but it wet everything , now to a point on heat we do have and use A/c units that is for health i suffer from a brain injury that sometimes stops my body from controlling the heat in my body so we have them in the bedroom and living room but try to only use as a last resort , now to the other thing we use fans also but we have some 12" fans but the wife just found out my usb fans that i had when growing some special herb lol , she said told you you had some the plan being i can put these little fans on the windowsill on the landing to draw the cool air and push it toward the bedroom and the bathroom is the other side and we get a lovely through flow but the little fan can pull just the extra or at worst i will point it out to draw the heat out we shall see if it helps but thinking i can pop them in other windows as well and just use the little power bank .
Well good luck all with the rain or heat

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Well, that's it, we've had summer, and it's back to an early autumn in July.
A wet, dank, and chilly week or more forcast. Mind you, they were wrong about the 40°c heat bomb this week too. !
Maybe some early mushroom hunting is in order. Should be a good year if this keeps up.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Cycling through the industrial estate to work this morning it wasn't raining but plenty of large puddles. At one spot water was bubbling up in a gap between two concrete road slabs. What's that about? No water lines there only water table perhaps?

Lean'n'mean

Settler
Nov 18, 2020
France
You sometimes hear about hail stones the size of golf balls (which I have never seen) but yesterday morning we had a freak short & sharp thunderstorm, (which must have lasted all of 2 minutes) & it began by raining down large marble sized hail balls. I don't recall ever seeing such large hail stones nor as perfectly spherical. Fortunately the hail bit only lasted 30 seconds or so, as the damage would have been considerable had it lasted longer.
Anyway I couldn't help taking a few pics.
010.jpg

009.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Toddy

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Chucking it down!
Bang goes my birthday party in the garden today. :( :( :(
Oh well, never mind. Maybe next weekend instead.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Paddled into town today, beechmast all over the ground, not nice ripe seeds, but unopened cases, it's realy like autumn. I'm now cold and wet again, and still waiting for a day to be able to do some washing and get it dry outside on the line.
I know I should be glad we are not roasting like certain areas of Europe, and the aquifers are filling up nicely, but I'm not used to having to ease my achey bones with a hot water bottle in the summer. I'm thankful for small mercies, but I need the sun!!!!!!!

Lean'n'mean

Settler
Nov 18, 2020
France
Much like Blighty, we have had an unusually cool second half of july & beginning of august, (hasn't been as wet though.)
We had a sort of gale this afternoon with 90 km/h gusts. Still a little blustery. No real change in sight for at least a week.
w-w.png

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It's pouring :D

Me and GFSon1 dug out a pond yesterday, and the rain is filling it up nicely.
Pity Himself is off out for a walk though, it's a torrential downpour.
Better go and find some towels.......

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE