How's the weather where you are ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Same here. We had a blazing three days camping with very heavy dews so now I want to dry the tents I might have to wait till spring :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Still very hot here in North Cornwall, but less muggy after thus morning rain.
Forecast to be cooler this week.
It was lovely to get a late Summer after the dreichness that was July/August, but it got a bit too hot. I was glad to feel the heat break. That first smell of petrichor was a real pleasure :)

We'll be fed up of the rain soon enough though.

Last edited:

Lean'n'mean

Settler
Nov 18, 2020
France
We've lost a couple of degrees since yesterday (37°C) :rolleyes: Today was the opening of the hunting season & normally the countryside would be full of locals walking around with shotguns & shooting anything that moves. :ar15: Not today they ain't.
123.png

Reactions: Toddy

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Its blazing hot here. Wiltshire.

It rained and thundered a bit...still too hot.

Im drinking like a fish...and its all comming out as sweat.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
It's a pleasant morning here, I went for a bike ride about 05:50 and it was warm and showery, as I got home I could feel the mugginess start to build, cloudy today with a bit of breeze, hopefully it will stay that way

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
It’s raining on the Wrekin. A good heavy shower. I think it’s clean water now but for the last two days it’s been full of Saharan dust thick enough that in the distance lightning can look orange.

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
@Pattree you mean the wrekin i nthe west mids if so hi for a neighbour lol , it is raining steady here i have been praying for rain the last couple of days i just finished sealing the roof joints on madams bbq rear that we like to sit under but the roof is polycarbonate and started to leak on the joints i finished the sealing job theo ther day and wanted the rain to test it as HRH said if it drips on me this year i will be sacked lol .

I will say it is more drizzle now a misty rain

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
I can see the Wrekin Beacon and Aquarius just above it from here so it’s not raining just now.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Heavy rain, lots and lots of it! A few crashes of thunder and lightning overnight and this morning.
Cold, dank and murky today.
Think I'll stay cosied up in bed with the radio,a good book, and a nice bar of chocolate and give today a miss.

Reactions: Toddy and Pattree

Lean'n'mean

Settler
Nov 18, 2020
France
Only 8°C above the norm for this time of year but hopefully we have seen the end of this flippin' heat. Can't wait for the night temps to drop too, more sleep, less mozzies.

METEO-5555.png

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
It's getting ugly in Carmarthen. Just spent an hour stood in the rain getting soaked with a group of pensioners huddled like penguins when the bus home didn't turn up.

• Sad

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Getting much cooler, rumbles of thunder this afternoon. Heavy rain showers, feeling damp and murky.
Fished out some warmer clothes today. I'm needing them, particularly in the evening, as I refuse to put the heating on just yet. Extra blanket on the bed, and nighties swopped for pyjamas...tonight I may even go bananas and do a hot water bottle. !

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Rather windy, sunshine keeps poking through the clouds, with some rumbles of thunder making the window rattle ,not raining as yet, and its quite chilly, compared to a few days ago. Strange weather combination!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It truly is. We're really warm. Like a mild Spring day warm. No wind, really overcast, but no rain.

I've had the pressure cooker on canning chutney, and I had to open the windows and the back door because it was too hot in the kitchen.....at nearly the end of September.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE