How tough are Scotsmen?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
D4E6E5FC-2889-4C67-A8DA-D611310E32F8-5052-000009371AA1754C_zps76800458.jpg

another facebook classic!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I drink fresh juice (rarely orange, they don't grow here, but apple, blackcurrants, raspberries, etc., are all good :) ) and it's nothing like the sickly sweetness of the aspartame, etc.,
I'm not saying it's not rich in sugars, just that it's not 'beyond' sweet. It's enjoyable to drink, unlike the fake stuff.

Love the image of BG though :D

cheers,
M

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I drink fresh juice (rarely orange, they don't grow here, but apple, blackcurrants, raspberries, etc., are all good :) ) and it's nothing like the sickly sweetness of the aspartame, etc.,
I'm not saying it's not rich in sugars, just that it's not 'beyond' sweet. It's enjoyable to drink, unlike the fake stuff.....

No arguments that the taste is definitely much better (it's a real sweet vs the fake sweet) But nonetheless it's definitely very sweet. I suppose the term "sickeningly" is subjective to ones individual tolerance for sugar. Just like how salty is salty, etc. As a kid I would have barely noticed it TBH but now I can taste it immediately. Likewise the difference in whole milk vs skim.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Aspartame is really really bad for you. I wouldn't touch it... ever. Have a google and see what it says. :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I loved the way that Terry Pratchett took the Morris dancers and made them anti-elf guerillas :D

Part of the reason that folks look a bit off at the dancers is simply that they are removed from their rural roots; that the seasonal round is shattered. There are probably more people here in touch with it though than in most walks of life.
Farmers and fishermen apart, that is. To most people the seasonality is probably more of an inconvenience :sigh:

cheers,
M

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Tougher than Molly/Morris Dancers!

Are the tubes in use rather than swords traditional or are they a result of sword legislation? Know some belly dancers who had problems with the police over their scimitars which was stupid.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE