how to brew a cup of tea like a man

Perrari

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 21, 2012
Eryri (Snowdonia)
www.erknives.com
Great video, great entertainer ! But someone needs to tell him that tea tastes better if you put the milk in afterwards. Although I know other people that do that as well. Maybe I'm just being fussy !

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Take one oil drum, punch holes in it and fill with wood scraps and joist ends. Set light to it using blow-lamp.
Set builders' galvanised two gallon bucket over fire, and add water to within two inches of brim.
When water gets near boiling, add one whole packet of loose tea, two tins of condensed milk and a two pound bag of sugar.
When it boils serve by dipping in chipped enamel mugs.

Serves gang of builder's labourers, the odd tradesman, the site foreman and a couple of surprised trainee building surveyors.

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
Pulse jets are fantastic, they're even louder "on song" when your stood next to the.

If you search on t'tube there are no end of mad a wonderful pulse jet powered devices and vehicles, from pushbikes and go-karts to RC stuff.

Brewers Whoop

Tenderfoot
Dec 19, 2008
Somerset
Take one oil drum, punch holes in it and fill with wood scraps and joist ends. Set light to it using blow-lamp.
Set builders' galvanised two gallon bucket over fire, and add water to within two inches of brim.
When water gets near boiling, add one whole packet of loose tea, two tins of condensed milk and a two pound bag of sugar.

Serves gang of builder's labourers, the odd tradesman, the site foreman and a couple of surprised trainee building surveyors.

The definitive version methinks!

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk

Galvanised bucket and fire isn't a good combo...could seriously affect your health!

Simon

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Tell that to generations of navvies and builders :)

In a china cup the milk goes in first..........the boiling hot tea isn't such a shock to the glaze that way.
If you put the milk in before the teabag though, the lipids just clog up the bag.

Big primus brass stove inside a galvie bucket sat on the burden boards of a wee boat. Brews up fine and doesn't slop in rough seas :D

cheers,
M

Big Si

Dec 27, 2005
nottinghamshire

You forgot to leve enought space for a pint bottle of wiskey! Makes the early morning brew go with a bit of a zing.

Si

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
All tastes the same to me, tea in first, milk in first, i don't really care as long as it's warm and wet.

Growing up in decidedly working class areas if we'd have heard someone complain about their tea cause the milk went in first they'd be thereon known as gay :lmao:

Docherty

Tenderfoot
May 11, 2010
Dorset
Condensed milk? As in the stuff you turn into banoffee pie filling? I wouldn't tell the life insurance folks you drink that stuff in your tea...

torc

Settler
Nov 23, 2005
left coast, ireland
How on earth did he do it without ear protection?
I watched a demo of a model pulse jet engine not much bigger than that thing few years ago and the beast could be heard from 500 meters away.
Happy trails...torc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE