How many forum members does it take to cahnge a lighbulb?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
e68d148926aa65efc4aac092c4c9d88f.png

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
How many blondes does it take....?

Five; one to hold the light bulb and four to turn the ladder round.

Pict

Settler
Jan 2, 2005
Central Brazil
clearblogs.com
Q: How many women with PMS does it take to change a light bulb?

A: One. Only ONE!! And do you know WHY it only takes ONE? Because no one else in this house knows HOW to change a light bulb. They don't even know the bulb is BURNED OUT. They would sit in this house in the dark for THREE DAYS before they figured it OUT. And once they figured it out they wouldn't be able to find the light bulbs despite the fact that they've been in the SAME CUPBOARD for the past SEVENTEEN YEARS. But if they did, by some miracle, actually find the light bulbs, TWO DAYS LATER the chair that they dragged from two rooms over to stand on to change the STUPID light bulb would STILL BE IN THE SAME SPOT!! AND UNDERNEATH IT WOULD BE THE CRUMPLED WRAPPER THE STUPID @*!#$% LIGHT BULBS CAME IN! WHY?! BECAUSE NO ONE IN THIS HOUSE EVER CARRIES OUT THE GARBAGE!! IT'S A WONDER WE HAVEN'T ALL SUFFOCATED FROM THE PILES OF GARBAGE THAT ARE 12 FEET DEEP THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE. THE HOUSE!! IT WOULD TAKE AN ARMY TO CLEAN THIS... I'm sorry...what did you ask me?

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
In managerial speak, the change isn't necessary. You see, the lightbulb only fails to work properly if you try to switch it on. With the light switch in the 'OFF' position the lightbulb works perfectly. Therefore we cannot justify the expenditure for a new lightbulb in these difficult economic times, especially since we have just given senior management a performance related pay bonus (voted on by themselves) so we must simply adapt our working practices to work with the light switched off, and accept that the lightbulb is working perfectly after all.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Ah yes! An intensifier! ;)

Well we don't swear on the forum, not that I do much anyway, but the principle holds :D

Is Britspeak really that odd to Americans ?

I nearly changed the title but reckoned that if it were left as it was then typing in change with it's transposed letters might actually find the thread in the Search engine :D
............watch the dyslexia multiply if it catches on :rolleyes:

cheers,
:D M

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
Sorry to hijack the thread, but can anyone tell me where I can get hold of a 5 watt GU10 LED spotlamp - preferably with a titanium heatsink? :p

Z

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
I could, but you'd have to change the bulb eventually and that would open up a whole can of worms!

I don't think it would be a user. (I already own too many lightbulbs) My every-day-lamp is a Scandi low energy (from Ikea). It does everything I need it to and if I lose it I can easily get another. Years ago I used to own an original Phillips low energy. A real thing of beauty, but I lent it to a friend and he broke it. :-[

Toddy thanks for that link but now I'm tempted to go for that 4x2W beast (drool)!

Z

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I don't think it would be a user. (I already own too many lightbulbs) My every-day-lamp is a Scandi low energy (from Ikea). It does everything I need it to and if I lose it I can easily get another. Years ago I used to own an original Phillips low energy. A real thing of beauty, but I lent it to a friend and he broke it. :-[

Toddy thanks for that link but now I'm tempted to go for that 4x2W beast (drool)!

Z
These fancy lightbulbs are all well and good but nothing beats the feeling you get when you get light from your hand crafted lightbulb.
You can make your own from fairly easy to find components using pretty basic tools (though Aldi are yet to do a special on vacuum pumps :( ) - for real green cred you can even use bamboo for the filament.
The art of custom lightbulb making was in the doldrums until that seminal film "The Blues Brothers" with its immortal line "I SEEN tha light!" revived interest and now there are several top notch makers selling custom lightbulbs at reasonable prices.
I am planning to include instructions for making your own lightbulb (60w DC) in my next "A Basic Guide to making..." book.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
For total symplicity simply clamp a pencil between your electrodes ... the wood burns off and the carbon (graphite - a pure carbon) glows incandesant... no vacuum needed!
This cannot realy be classed as a "lightbulb" though as it has no "bulb".....
Bamboo needs no treatment for use as a filament though it does not burn as brightly as Wolfram...

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
For total symplicity simply clamp a pencil between your electrodes ... the wood burns off and the carbon (graphite - a pure carbon) glows incandesant... no vacuum needed!
This cannot realy be classed as a "lightbulb" though as it has no "bulb".....
Bamboo needs no treatment for use as a filament though it does not burn as brightly as Wolfram...

Wolfram?!!! Sheesh I though that was a typo and used wool. No wonder it didn't work when I plugged it in. Did smell a bit though.

Tried the pencil trick between the electrodes before, but the propellant pencil I used melted. Maybe i should have used the old school wooden ones like you suggested.

Back to the laboratory. Muhahahahahahaah

"IT'S ALIVE!"

young_frankenstein.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE