How long do you hang a duck?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Spikey DaPikey

Feb 8, 2006
North West, near the land of the Pies
A man is driving a pick-up truck down the road with a bunch of ducks standing in the back. A police officer pulls over the driver, informs him that he is speeding and then asks him where he's going with all those ducks. The driver says that he doesn't know what to do with them anymore. The officer says, "Look, there's a zoo not far from here and that's where you should take them." The man thanks the officer and drives off with his ducks.

The next day the officer again sees the same pick-up truck barreling down the road. This time, though, all the ducks in the back are wearing sunglasses. The officer pulls the driver over and says, "I thought I told you to take those ducks to the zoo!" "I did," said the driver, "but now they want to go to the beach!"

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:D :lmao:

cheers guys :cool:

Now then, to stuff or not to stuff? Anybody got some good recipes.......we've got three geese and two ducks to cook for part of a Solstice feast.
Something *indigenous* would be good.

atb,
Toddy

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
"Doctor, doctor, my wife thinks she's a duck."

"You better bring her in to see me straight away."

"I can't do that - she's already flown south for the winter."

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Cheers Spikey, :You_Rock_

Honestly though, d'you not think that'd be nightmare to make sure everything was cooked properly? our lot like their meat well done too.

Cheers,
Toddy

Fire Starter

Tenderfoot
Aug 1, 2005
England
British Red said:
Patrick,

I'm lucky enough to be given duck, pheasant and partridge most weeks in season.

I don't hang any of them!

Venison and beef need to be hung to break up the muscle fibre. Other birds need to be hung no more than chicken or turkey. It gives a stronger and more "gamey" flavour but must be done out doors to avoide ranciditiy setting in. For a duck, 2 to 4 days tops.

For me? Skin, joint, roast!

Red

It's not necessary to hang the venison I also prefer the meat a day or so after it has been dressed, oak smoked venison now your talking mmm.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE