How good is Heinnie Haynes?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

NikolaTesla

Forager
Jan 26, 2012
Uk
I've bought a knife from HH a week ago? while splitting and chopping wood, one screw has fallen out of the handle and I can't replace it do any of you think I'll be able to get a refund?

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
Only if it's a genuine fault with the knife - if it's broken because it's not been used correctly or in accordance with the manufacturers instructions, then probably not.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Can not fault their customer services. Great people to deal with on many occasions.

NikolaTesla

Forager
Jan 26, 2012
Uk
Well I haven't tried to modify it or anything like that (did wrap some paracord around the handle, for extra grip), just general stuff as I said, splitting wood and chopping thin branches to make arrows. (my bow turned out pretty good)

knifefan

Nov 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
They are the best!!!! Best customer service i've ever experienced :D They may be able to help - but I wouldn't expect a refund because you failed to notice a loose screw in the handle :D

NikolaTesla

Forager
Jan 26, 2012
Uk
They are the best!!!! Best customer service i've ever experienced :D They may be able to help - but I wouldn't expect a refund because you failed to notice a loose screw in the handle :D

It wasn't my fault, I was just using it. Well not a refund, but a cheaper knife, and I could send the faulty one to them. I don't have the screw for the handle, they are star one's. I'd like another cheaper knife from them anyway.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Would it be wrong to omit the fact that you were battoning with it, and just say it fell out while packed in your sack?

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
No experience of their customer service, but feedback is good, and they deliver quickly and reliably.

However their website drives me to distraction. Browsing is impossible unless you already know what brand you want, and usually I don't care about brand, just function. It annoys me so much I hardly ever use them as I give up long before I find what I want. :cussing:

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
HH are excellent,

but i wouldnt hold out for an exchange to a different make / value of product,....if, as you say the one you have has been used,...

id say if it was a maintenance issue, or use as not intended , and not a warrantable material failure then you,d struggle to exchange it anyway..

but there are other factors,

do HH simply administer the manufacturers warranty dependant upon brand, or have a blanket policy on exchange ?

out of interest, what knife and how were you using it?

NikolaTesla

Forager
Jan 26, 2012
Uk
HH are excellent,

but i wouldnt hold out for an exchange to a different make / value of product,....if, as you say the one you have has been used,...

id say if it was a maintenance issue, or use as not intended , and not a warrantable material failure then you,d struggle to exchange it anyway..

but there are other factors,

do HH simply administer the manufacturers warranty dependant upon brand, or have a blanket policy on exchange ?

out of interest, what knife and how were you using it?[/]

Well it is used, but very lightly not even a mark on the blade. Everything is intact and Very good condition. Just the screw.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
In my recent dealings with them I wasn't that impressed with their customer services if I'm honest. Not a big problem but they're no longer my first stop when ordering stuff.

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
If you have only had it a week then phone them and explain what has happened.
I can say from experience that they have first class customer service and are mega helpful.

What knife is it that your having problems with.

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Well I haven't tried to modify it or anything like that (did wrap some paracord around the handle, for extra grip), just general stuff as I said, splitting wood and chopping thin branches to make arrows. (my bow turned out pretty good)

Did the screw fall out before you wrapped the cord around it

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
Maybe send an email to the manufacturer, politely asking for a replacement screw.

or

take the other one out and get it matched. Shouldnt be that hard.

good luck !

Don't know about there customer service, but i ordered a knife from them at 3:20pm and it was at my door at 10am the next day, and that was with the basic free postage.

If it were me I would contact HH, maybe they could send you a replacement screw.

You then still have the knife you wanted / ordered and its minimal cost to HH so a win win situation.

Bluebs4

Aug 12, 2011
Bristol
HH are ace but as stated id go to makers ,I have in the past and most are happy to help out,infact most welcome the feedback ,atb Stewart.oh don't slate the knife youll hit a wall goodluck

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE